• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Best chair or stool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS. Will you share your backing tracks and sheet music? (For non-commercial use ?)

The guys in the video are session guys who just came over and read through the charts to make a video. I went to college with the guitarist, and he did me a favor by helping me make a promo. He is a full time musician who is constantly gigging, so my trio is going to be different players. The music is traditionally accordion heavy, but I don't have any issue sharing the melody. I'd prefer it actually. But, I'm kind of torn between keeping things authentic and modernizing the sound.

You are more than welcome to use my backing tracks. Diabolico is the only one that I have finished at the moment. I'm still not happy with my Battagliero recording, but there is one here: Send me a private message with your email and I can send Diabolico. There is also a great website that has a lot of charts and backing tracks for this genre: https://www.novalis.it/ It's free to download, you just have to create an account.

The guys in the video are session guys who just came over and read through the charts to make a video. I went to college with the guitarist, and he did me a favor by helping me make a promo. He is a full time musician who is constantly gigging, so my trio is going to be different players. The music is traditionally accordion heavy, but I don't have any issue sharing the melody. I'd prefer it actually. But, I'm kind of torn between keeping things authentic and modernizing the sound.

You are more than welcome to use my backing tracks. Diabolico is the only one that I have finished at the moment. I'm still not happy with my Battagliero recording, but there is one here: Send me a private message with your email and I can send Diabolico. There is also a great website that has a lot of charts and backing tracks for this genre: https://www.novalis.it/ It's free to download, you just have to create an account.
Thanks Nick! Yes, I've seen th novalis site, it's pretty nice. Seems like there are lots of "basi" available for Italian music. There's something about trying the music from someone you know.... Good luck with the trio.

Thanks Nick! Yes, I've seen th novalis site, it's pretty nice. Seems like there are lots of "basi" available for Italian music. There's something about trying the music from someone you know.... Good luck with the trio.
For practice at home I use a medium height bar stool because being fairly tall it's not always comfortable to sit for a long time. I prefer to use something taller than a regular chair but still able to have my feet planted firmly on the floor. When gigging I like to stand most of the time because it seems more professional to me. My accordion is a Roland Fr8x and it's fairly heavy but I play with the back strap fastened which really helps keep everything secure. I guess that it's a question of preference.

Reactions: Tom
Obviously in a session I just find an available chair or stool without arms and use that. After all, we're only knocking out a few tunes.
If I'm busking (which I do occasionally) I take my own chair which lives in my van (of which I live in full-time). Collapsible, easy to carry (with a sling), robust and reliable.
I bought it from a supermarket and it seems to be perfect - or perhaps I'm used to it as it's the only chair I possess.

Attachments

• IMG_20211116_093351326~2.jpg
    IMG_20211116_093351326~2.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back