• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Beauty contest - looking for contestants

Tom

Prolific poster
Reaction score
I believe your theory is correct, Art. I've read it in numerous articles and believe it has been discussed as such on this forum.

craigd

Reaction score
This from an old post by Soulsaver (thanks!๐Ÿ™‚)

Post-war curves on that one, am I right? First time I've seen a curved keyboard on so new a box. The symmetry going from F to B aesthetically pleasing too.

craigd

Reaction score
Thanks responders, I enjoyed the images and especially the discussion. What got me interested in these decorated boxes was acquiring one myself. It is from a family of accordions made by Guerrini for a Vancouver accordion school that operated from the 50s to the 70s. I got my Camillo Superlini ("make" and model name both derived from the school owner's name, Camillini) a couple of months ago, and have searched for info on it since. I have seen images of around ten of them, and each is slightly different - some little detail of the decorative design is unique to that particular accordion. I didn't buy it just for its looks, it has all the hallmarks of a pro accordion in a compact box and it sounds and plays great, but its appearance and knowing someone added a unique personal touch to it make it a real pleasure to own and play.