• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Battery packs for FR-3 FR-3x FR-4x

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A few weeks ago a customer brought in a couple of battery packs with a charger. He wanted me to modify the leads on the batteries & charger to 9 v battery snaps.
I installed the new 9 volt connectors (with the right polarity) and asked him to give them a try. He called today and said the packs last 4+ hrs
and fit into the battery compartment just like the original. They are 2000 mAh and any one with a bit of knowledge of wiring can make the connector conversion.

Last edited:

pentaprism

Reaction score
I'm not sure I see the advantages of using a 10-AA-cell pack vs using 10 AA individual cells.

For my FR-2b, I have a few 10-cell holders as mentioned by @Chrisrayner. I have a 12-cell charger that chargers individual batteries.

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've only posted this for Roland owners that prefer the convenience of having a one piece battery pack in lieu of 10 pricey
batteries & charger.

Last edited:

Chrisrayner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure I see the advantages of using a 10-AA-cell pack vs using 10 AA individual cells.

For my FR-2b, I have a few 10-cell holders as mentioned by @Chrisrayner. I have a 12-cell charger that chargers individual batteries.
There is one disadvantage. If a single cell in a welded pack fails then you have to discard the whole thing. You could identify the failed cell and remove and replace it, but I’m guessing most won’t.