• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Bass Accordion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I'd LOVE to buy that, but don't fancy stumping up $309 to a random in the Ukraine. Really interesting button layout, any idea how it works? Or what it sounds like?

I bought from Ukraine sellers twice, not that seller, but did not have problems. Ukrpost is fast! I suppose it has bass reeds on the treble side with a B-system layout. You can do that with Roland V-accordions.

I have no idea about the quality of that instrument. But it is a 3-row B-griff and that somewhat limits the fingering options.
There are many good bass accordions, like Bugari, Pigini, Weltmeister, Hohner, etc. and the do sometimes become for sale on the used market.
They tend to be quite expensive, but an old (but still good) Hohner bass accordion sometimes appears for a rather low price.

debra said:
(....) it is a 3-row B-griff and that somewhat limits the fingering options.

I am curious to know what this means exactly! Why would the B-griff limit the fingering?

oldbayan said:
debra said:
(....) it is a 3-row B-griff and that somewhat limits the fingering options.

I am curious to know what this means exactly! Why would the B-griff limit the fingering?

It's the 3 row setup that is the limiting factor, not the fact that it is B-griff.
You can often find fingering that is easier when you can make use of the 4rd row (and occasionally the 5th).
That's why chromatic button accordions are now almost all made with 5 rows and some with 4, but almost none with 3.

debra said:
It's the 3 row setup that is the limiting factor, not the fact that it is B-griff.
You can often find fingering that is easier when you can make use of the 4rd row (and occasionally the 5th).
That's why chromatic button accordions are now almost all made with 5 rows and some with 4, but almost none with 3.

We get used to it! But it is true that repeat rows are useful.

oldbayan pid=71465 dateline=1587552419 said:
debra pid=71456 dateline=1587538669 said:
Its the 3 row setup that is the limiting factor, not the fact that it is B-griff.
Thats why chromatic button accordions are now almost all made with 5 rows and some with 4, but almost none with 3.

We get used to it! But it is true that repeat rows are useful.

Hi,

They are actually mandatory for tuition on Serbian Dugmetara Harmonikas :-

Double B griff keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back