• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Ballone Ariston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark P

Reaction score
Hi

Wasn’t sure where to go with this so hopefully I can get some help here? There isn’t much on line about this make.

I’m clearing my loft as we are moving soon and have this accordion. My Nan bought it from a work colleague many years ago so I think it is around 1950’s. I’d like to sell it but have no clue on its value. It’s in good condition with its original case, but it will need some tlc as it’s been stored for years and sounds a bit wheezy.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Mark

9C25704E-7C8B-4262-9969-1163C15BA8EA.jpeg

Sadly such an older accordion has no commercial value, only sentimental value. If everything was in perfect cosmetic and working condition then you might get a couple of hundred (dollar, euro, pound) for it but to bring it to that condition (no wheezy notes, everything in tune, leathers flat against the reed plates, cleaning, solving any smell issues (that are common with an accordion stored away for a long time)... that is likely going to cost more than these couple of hundred. It could serve as an accordion to learn basic accordion repair (following accordionrevival.com advice) and then be donated to a charity or music school.

Sadly such an older accordion has no commercial value, only sentimental value. If everything was in perfect cosmetic and working condition then you might get a couple of hundred (dollar, euro, pound) for it but to bring it to that condition (no wheezy notes, everything in tune, leathers flat against the reed plates, cleaning, solving any smell issues (that are common with an accordion stored away for a long time)... that is likely going to cost more than these couple of hundred. It could serve as an accordion to learn basic accordion repair (following accordionrevival.com advice) and then be donated to a charity or music school.
That is really helpful and thank you.

I had been offered £80 but had no idea so said no, as on the internet some are just a few £ and some are thousands.

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately I agree with Paul, and that with a wheezy sound and long storage, €80 is probably pretty good.

Of course, another opportunity is to learn to play it. Many people here will help you wuth the basics.

Good luck!

Thanks Tom

Many years ago I did have some lessons but couldn’t master it - hats off to you guys that can!

At least I know I’m not giving it away now so happy with that.

Reactions: Tom
Status
Not open for further replies.