• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Back pad for a Weltmeister Stella

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PaulS

Any tips on finding one and installation would be greatly appreciated.

Can I make one? Is it a hard material inside the padding, like a plate of aluminium to keep the bellows from rubbing against the player's chest, or just a flimsy padded patch?

Local to Birmingham UK would be good but further afield is okay too, thanks folks!

It would be useful if they made a special lightweight armless jacket for this purpose instead of having to screw pads to the accordion and you can use the same one with any accordion. The first to market one would be a rich man or woman. Women seem to understand materials and design better than men, it could be a home cottage business.

The purpose of a backpad is to reduce the wear on the instruments bellows caused by the wear of your clothing not the opposite.

If a pad was made to fit on a special kind of jacket, wouldn't that protect the accordion bellows ?

Well, the reason I need one fitted is because Ill soon be returning home to a sub-tropical climate and I dont want my sweaty T-shirt to damage the bellows, so...

Im out of time getting one installed in Birmingham as they knock off tomorrow midday and dont open again until the day the big silver bird takes me away.

So I looked at this one for $16.99 on eBay;
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Accordion-Ac...B2k~$(KGrHqQOKiQEy5KeUsgbBMyZ1bEmbQ~~-1_1.JPG>LINK_TEXT>.jpg
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AccordionAccordian-Back-Pad-New-/171179078000[/url]

and asked the seller if they have one for a Stella, as the height of mine is thirteen inches and the item for sale is eighteen inches.

The young lady said yes no problem it will cost $52.90...

So Ill make one then :cool:

Im assuming it has to be a padded piece of plate, say 2mm aluminium or plexiglass? Slightly bent vertically along the right edge to prevent the left edge of the bellows from catching? and then some padding to stop it marking my T-shirt?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance folks.

Edited to add...

Aha;
http://www.accordionrevival.com/ACCORDION_REPAIR1.php#Installing_a_back_pad[/url]

Okay thanks mate that's a great help much appreciated!

PS They come with the fixings, too, from Charlie (CGM) - the part to accept the fitted press stud & screws to fix 'em.
They don't need to be that tough because its belt buckles & jacket/blouse/shirt buttons that cause the heavy wear, not clothes themselves.

Good one. I called Charlie at CGM in Falkirk early this morning, paid via PayPal and he sent me a message shortly after that saying it will be in the post this afternoon = winning!

So glad I'll get it early next week as I fly back to Belize next weekend.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

You're welcome... he's a good guy, Charlie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back