• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

B griff accordion with French bass system?

ArtMustel

Reaction score
I found this video about a B griff accordion with French Stradella bass system and it makes me wonder if this is a common configuration, does anyone know if it was intended for a particular country? I've seen many C griff with either Stradella or Belgian basses but never a B griff with French basses. Hope that someone in the forum can tell me about this instrument. Thank you!

Reaction score
Is that the system with three rows of bass notes and three of chords, rather than the normal stradella 2+4?

Thanks,

Chris

oldbayan

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. Usually French players use C-griff. You can set that configuration on the Roland FR-series!

debra

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For the first 10 years or so of playing the accordion I had a Crucianelli PA with 3+3 bass. Balkan B griff accordions have 3+4 bass (leading up to 140 bass accordions). In Belgium 3+3 was very common, both with Belgian bass system and with "International", regardless of what the treble side was (PA or CBA with "do1" (C griff), "do3" (B griff) of "do2" (B griff moved one row over).

losthobos

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Great combination.... Wish id started on a B system as allows you to slur from flat to natural in the same way a piano does. Ie dragging the hand down the keys... Difficult maneuver on C system as you have to push up against the flow of the stepped keyboard... And the three row bass again makes them flat 3rds and 7ths close by...
Pah... I'm too weathered to change my ways now.... But if i had my days again itd be 3x3 bass with B system griff for sure...
Good enough for Johnny Meijer, Dominic Phaats then sure good enough for me...