• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Ave Maria ( A.Piazzolla ) Sheet Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirralaccordion

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me where I can obtain the sheet music for a solo piano accordion version of this tune. I have found many piano solo and other versions but not one for which the music was originally written ( or so I thought )

"Ave María, originally titled Tanti anni prima, was composed for the film Enrico IV (1984) by Marco Bellocchio featuring Marcello Mastroianni and Claudia Cardinale. The film was based on Luigi Pirandello’s play of the same title. Ave María is the theme associated with Matilde, Claudia Cardinale’s rôle in the movie. The piece was originally written for oboe and piano."

I do not know of any Piazzolla composition originally written for accordion. He did write for the bandoneon, which is a close relative.

Here is a performance on CBA accordion. Maybe it will give you enough of an idea of how to make your own version.
Peter Soave is the accordionist.

Here is a performance on CBA accordion. Maybe it will give you enough of an idea of how to make your own version.
Peter Soave is the accordionist.
Can hardly believe that all the sound is from a single intrument - brilliant!

Thanks for the video, lovely tune. I found another video from the same chap with the mandolin orchestra playing with the accordion, thus combining my two musical obsessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back