• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Atlantic IV De Luxe - Hohner

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smdc66

I have one of these models at present considering purchase, (if not may be posted on the for sale board) looks like the one in the following e bay link.

I am particularly interested to know if any one has this model to share dialogue.

It is the LMMH tuned model.

Can anyone explain how the strapless bellows works :?: there is a small turn knob near the bellows on one side where the strap would have been - I am unsure if it works as bellows dont always seem to lock shut !

the other slight difference from the one in the picture is that the straps attachments are both on the back of the accordion which may or may not be an odd set up

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beautiful...ultDomain_2&hash=item3a84674b59#ht_1892wt_958

Also the sordino doesnt work either and doesnt appear to be attached to anything under the grille!

I've not seen a strapless bellows clasp before on an Atlantic but my accordion teacher had one on an accordiola at it works.
You close the bellows and give the little metal thing on the top a small twist and the bellows stay shut.
If it breaks I have no idea how to fix it but I'm sure there is someone who does.

It has a sprung catch mechanism that can be seen in the innerds in the linked pics. The 'knob' on the outside allows you to open the latch, twist it back when you finish and the bellows click locked shut. Works well in my experience - used on Atlantic, Lucia .. think Virtuola not sure about others. They didn't use bellows pins for these models either... another catch 'mechanism'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back