• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Appassionata ... what an artist !

• Thread starter Deleted member 48
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 48

He's on top of his game !
What an artist, passionate performance.
You can't do that with Scarlatti on a harpsichord, very very beautiful.

Domenico Scarlatti - Sonate G major K 427 (Dawid Rydz) Accordion

A. Kusyakov - Sonata nr 6 "Stained Glasses and Cages of St.Paul Cathedral in Münster" (Dawid Rydz)

And his Zolotariev 2nd Sonata is also amazing:
W. Zolotaryov - Sonata nr.2 (Dawid Rydz)

These guys really are on top of their game, quelle présence ! , we are going to see many more accordion virtuosos the coming years:
Vladislav Zolotarev "Rondo capriccioso" Daniel Eliasson

Last edited by a moderator:
@Stephen ,

Thanks for posting these performances. Of the three, I really enjoyed Eliasson's presentation of "Rondo capriccioso." This virtuoso's skill was really impressive. Also I did not know what accordion brand he used, but through the youtube comments someone stated it is a Bayan-Jupiter. Is this the accordion model in the video? bayan The sound he produced with it was absolutely breath taking.

I shared this today with a friend who loves music, but has a very limited perspective on the versatility of an accordion. He almost immediately wrote back to me, and said he had no idea that classical music could be so-welled performed on an accordion. In fact, he said it was so good to listen to he planned to share it with some friends, who like he also thought accordions were mainly to play polkas and folk music. I think your selection, Stephen, has inspired a new admirer of classical accordion playing. I was most pleased to see the light bulb come on when he wrote back to me. All around we had a fine day of music listening, with more to come. ~Bob

Thank you Bob. That's pleasant to hear.
And thanks to the internet technology it's so easy to share music videos.
There must be thousands of good classical accordion or bayan videos online.

Jupiter bayans can have very large size steel reeds for extra low notes. Mounted on a single reedplate.
The company Harmonikas in Czechia can CNC produce bayan reedplates with high tech production methods. And much more...

Simply impressive, especially Zolotaryov's specific works for accordion. A perfect combination between composer, instruments and performers. I am surprised by the sound capabilities of both instruments, they seem to respond wonderfully to those demands. Difficult to decide between the sound of the Pigini or the Jupiter, but they also seem to be recorded very differently.

Most bayan/accordion works by Zolotariev are online in pdf format here:
https://goldaccordion.com/notes/z/

A duet arrangement of the Rondo-Capriccioso:
Рондо-каприччиозо (Дуэт)
http://files.goldaccordion.com/noti/Z/Zolotorev_Vladislav/Rondo_Capriciozzo_DUO.pdf

The Sonata nr 2:
http://files.goldaccordion.com/noti/Z/Zolotorev_Vladislav/Sonate_N2.pdf

The rest of the alphabet are the other standard concert/recital works by Russian accordion composers. I guess a couple of hundreds sheet music pieces for bayan/accordion are freely available in pdf form on this website. Concert/conservatory level mostly.

That's a first class performance of Zolotoryov's second sonata with the added bonus of being a very good recording. I'm not sure I "like" stained class and cages. But, I do appreciate the performance and the ability of the performer. Bravo. Thankyou.

Semyonov's "Bulgarian Suite" is worth a look for anyone starting to explore Classical accordion. There are number of good clips on YT.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrMu0swbKzs

The solo version of the Bulgarian Suite performed by the composer Semyonov on YT is the best performance.
The most passionate and energetic also, with a lyrical slow 2nd movement.

He's a very charismatic musician, seen him twice in a recital in Belgium long time ago.

The solo version of the Bulgarian Suite performed by the composer Semyonov on YT is the best performance.
The most passionate and energetic also, with a lyrical slow 2nd movement.

It's the 2014 YT video recording where Semyonov is playing a Pigini accordion, not the usual Russian Jupiter bayan.

He's a very charismatic musician, seen him twice in a recital in Belgium long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back