• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Anyone up for a contest?

knobby

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The developer of many of the addons I use on the forum has developed a "Media Contest" addon, and he's asked if we would like to try it out. You can post a video of yourself playing a tune and other people can vote for the ones they like the best. Everyone is welcome to enter, and you can enter as many performances as you like.
As you add your performances I small thumbnail will appear at the top of the thread showing the votes for each entry, similar to this test post I made:
1611775708145.png
If you're game then I would plan to run it for the month of February, and you can add additional performances throughout the month.

At the end of the month there may well be a virtual 🏆 for the winner!

Get practicing folks! (y)

Tom

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would enter, Knobby, and would probably lose, but hey, why not?

JeffJetton

Reaction score
Sounds fun! Is there a theme/category, or is it anything goes?

I suppose if it's a February contest, it could be love songs for Valentine's Day? Or short songs since it's a short month?

Or since it's the first contest, it could be songs with the word "first" in them? Or covers of songs from artist's/bands' first albums?

knobby

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds fun! Is there a theme/category, or is it anything goes?

I suppose if it's a February contest, it could be love songs for Valentine's Day? Or short songs since it's a short month?

Or since it's the first contest, it could be songs with the word "first" in them? Or covers of songs from artist's/bands' first albums?
For this 1st one it can be anything you like. If we do others then maybe would could theme them.

Alans

Reaction score
thank-you Knobby,I really enjoyed all of the videos. Really great to hear and see everyone who entered play. I think if you decide to continue this a theme might add to it. Congratulations on all of the participants and thank-you so much for stepping up to the plate. I really look forward to watching them again.