• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Anyone know what it is and where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acon

Reaction score
Just found this picture. It looks like an accordina but with the big wooden chamber
I think the sound would be much better. I saw straps on the back of the instrument
so I reckon it should be played by putting it on the chest, just like the accordions.
And the make is BB (you can see the logo one the wooden chamber), an accordion
maker!

Anyone know what it is and where to buy? Must be interesting to play it.
https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/im...c3ec0a1887a9c64c/version/1452497965/image.jpg>
image.jpg

Doubt youll be able to get your hands on one of these as Ballone Burini recently went bust.

Only place I know where you can get anything similar is here:- http://www.boite-accordeon.com/index3.html

They typically sell for about 1300 Euro, and are made specially to order so you cant get a refund if you dont like it.

Jacques Bolognesi, an accordionist who features in the Paris Accordeon CD series, plays one.

maugein96 said:
Doubt youll be able to get your hands on one of these as Ballone Burini recently went bust.
Only place I know where you can get anything similar is here:- http://www.boite-accordeon.com/index3.html
They typically sell for about 1300 Euro, and are made specially to order so you cant get a refund if you dont like it.
Jacques Bolognesi, an accordionist who features in the Paris Accordeon CD series, plays one.

Thanks. God I didnt no BB has gone bust. And the link you provided is the normal accordina, but the one I asked about is NO accordina. Like I said it has a big wooden chamber and is played by being put on ones chest, just like the accordions.

I really want to know its name, haha...

Ballone Burini and Victoria made/make this type of instrument. The Ballone Burini one is essentially an accordina in a different form factor. It exists in piano-keyboard and in button keyboard. Victoria makes one that has 2 reed sets, the BB one is single reed. I believe Victoria coined the name vibrandoneon and BB eolina, but I could be mistaken.
When I visited the Frankfurter Musikmesse about 5 years ago I heard an accordina being played in the distance (with a lot of amplification), so I started following my ears towards it and ended up at the BB booth where someone was demoing the BB eolina. I got to play it as well. It sounds a lot like an accordina (a little less brilliant due to the wooden box, but that is similar to the wooden accordinas from Laurent Jarry). I have read that the eolina works with blowing and sucking but I don't know that for sure. I only tried blowing as I'm used to that from my accordina.
The accordina is more convenient in the sense of being smaller and easier to carry as an "extra". The vibrandoneon and eolina make it easier to see what you are doing as the keyboard is further away from your head (eyes). There is quite some talk about these instruments on a melodica forum but these do not sound at all like a melodica. (They sound like an accordina.)
PS: Yes, BB went bust but there is talk about a restart. It is not that they went bust for lack of success so they may find a new investor. Who knows...

Nice tone... Ive heard this instrument in background and thought it sounded not quite but like an accordion. Now I know, thanks.

And near Dunlustins link you can find..

Thank you guys. Can always learn new things in here. Really appreciate it.

Left and right hand in harmony

Boismortier sonata op. 51 nr. 1 in G major, played on eolina and organ

The eolina and the pianoforte in a Mozart sonata:
W A Mozart - Sonata for piano and violin in B flat major, KV 454

The Salmela chromatic button harmonica pictured here is more compact and portable, it has 32 notes:
http://www.salmelainstruments.com/

It has another type of reeds inside, harmonica reeds.

Its being demonstrated here 110 to 140:
Tatu Salmela ja moottorisahahurmaajat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back