• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Anyone familiar with this one?

There is a nice looking used Compatto Pro on the Petosa website. It is LMMM. This would give you 4 musette sounds and a dry LM.

If you're looking for a lightweight 37/96 accordion there are several options, as already stated. I would also consider a Bugari Essenzia, as it's essentially the same accordion as the Petosa Leggera, but less money.
It looks like the Bugari 37/96 double-tone chambered instruments are very similar to one another(and the 41/120 models, for that matter) as far as the internals are concerned. Are the price differences mainly due to exterior cosmetics or are there other differences that might be considered? I was wondering if the "standard" 281/ARS would fit in the category of the Essenzia(and Petosa Leggera).

On a side note, the Leggeras sure do have a nice sound. I like how they post a video for each model along with price, too.

Last edited:
Thank you, altho!
I had been planning on trading in my 120 bass petosa leggera at petosas. Ithink they have some bugaris, im not sure. If i do that, ill have to trade it in for something they carry.
Also im agonizing over tone chamber or not! High reed or not.
Anyway, thank you so much tor your response! Dont know what standard 281ars means…

Thank you, altho!
I had been planning on trading in my 120 bass petosa leggera at petosas. Ithink they have some bugaris, im not sure. If i do that, ill have to trade it in for something they carry.
Anyway, thank you so much tor your response! Dont know what standard 281ars means…
Bugari produce many many models. “281/ARS” is the name of a series of models actually, for example:

It looks like the Bugari 37/96 double-tone chambered instruments are very similar to one another(and the 41/120 models, for that matter) as far as the internals are concerned. Are the price differences mainly due to exterior cosmetics or are there other differences that might be considered? I was wondering if the "standard" 281/ARS would fit in the category of the Essenzia(and Petosa Leggera).

On a side note, the Leggeras sure do have a nice sound. I like how they post a video for each model along with price, too.
The Essenzia is very similar to the Leggera, both are the lighter weight designs. The 281 Artist and 281 is less money than the silver/gold 281. I belive it's the selection of woods that are used and reed quality. Although you can order a 281 Artist with hand made reeds. Typically the Bugari's are less money than a very similar Petosa. I'd suggest you contact Emilio at Emilio's Accordions in New York.

danp,

I spoke with Emilio recently...nice chat. He was also prompt in responding to the online questionaire I filled out. That's nice. I'll have to give him a call back to discuss these instruments some more...and take more notes. But it was fun just talking about accordions, anyway.

Ha! I sympathize. When my search began for a second accordion, the only thing I knew for sure was that I wanted something a little smaller...a 37/96. Looking back, I don't know why I spent much time considering anything other than an accordion with a double-tone chamber. Its what my current instrument has and the sound that I prefer. As far as the LMMH or LMMM question, well, my bias has been leaning towards LMMH. Not because of any in-depth knowledge of the two(I don't have it). Its personal preference. Maybe it has a more pure sound to me. On the other hand, the musette has a nice lively aspect to it. Decisions, decisions. There's a discussion about this subject on another thread(that's closed). Much of it is over my novice head but there's still some info there that may be of use. Good luck.

https://www.accordionists.info/threads/lmmm-vs-lmmh.6483/

Last edited:
Oh thank you so much!
The people at the store with whom i have discussed the trade in with all think i should stick with a double tone chamber because that's on the 120 bass i want to trade in.
I have a musette tuned lmmm 76 bass so musette needs are taken care of.
I have played the lmm double tone chamber, and the lmmh which, in the onei am looking at has no tone chamber. Well i like them both.there is a lmmh tone chamber leggera, but for some reason i find myself wanting to stay away from another leggera.

I just recently, as in a few months ago, bought a new Bugari 288 Gold + from Emilio. My wife and I drove from Florida to NY to look, test and consider Bugari's models. Emilio was knowledgeable and accommodating. I strongly recommend you give him a call.
BTW I love my new Bugari and I too had purchased an accordion from LB and didn't go back.

Well i like them both.there is a lmmh tone chamber leggera, but for some reason i find myself wanting to stay away from another leggera.
Hmmm…that’s interesting. Maybe just a change of pace with a different model or are you thinking of a different brand as well? Any thoughts on the am-1050 Leggera? It seems like Petosa takes care in giving the customer a good idea of the sound the instrument(s) produces via the room(setting) and microphone usage in their videos. Plain old good marketing, too.

……………………….

EMan,

That is one.beautiful.accordion. The gold trim really compliments the grill design. After playing it for awhile, what things stand out compared to other accordions you‘ve played, such as keyboard action, internal appearance,…etc?

Last edited:
.I am considering the petosa 950. 96 bass lmm. Also the Artista 96 base, lmmh. I am wanting to cut down the weight and the bulk a bit. I don’t think my ear is very discerning. I want something very very versatile. For many different kinds of music. Also a cool color.

Back