• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

anyone ever go here??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagant27

Reaction score

Cool video, and what looks like a cool place. Ive watched many of his videos on youtube, and ordered some accordion stuff on the phone.

Looks like he is making a go of it!!

He is apparently THE place to go to if you are anywhere in the area. Another place that has a reputation, though more for the Roland V-accordion is Roxy's in Buffalo New York. They also have a few YouTube videos. :)

Mike is really a great guy. Got three from him, one from the 1950s, another from 1960s and the last from 2000s. He honors his words and respect his customers and gave helpful and honest advises when asked. Too bad he doesn't seem to have many good C-System CBAs on hand. So I bought from UK and Germany with not so great results. For example, Mike promises his used boxes are checked thoroughly and playable, and they are. The big German shop musik-de promises the same thing, but the Morino Artiste N basson reeds are damaged beyond repair, among other things.When I asked the German, they didn't bother to reply. So much for the German workmanship and customer service. I'll stick with Mike from now on. Go Mike!

I just bought new reed valves for my rebuild there. They shipped the same afternoon I ordered.

I have never been, but I have purchased from their ebay store in the past.
I have always found them easy to deal with and everything well described.
Ben

I bought an accordion from these folks a few months ago and I'm very happy with it. They are providing a great service to the accordion community with their videos of instruments. I think they are doing a good job.

I dealt with them when I was shopping for my most recent accordion. Didn't wind up buying from them, but they were very nice and responsive.

I think they're doing a great job of realizing that A) there aren't a lot of local accordion shops in the States anymore, so more and more people are looking online, and B) most other US accordion shops seem to not really be too well equipped to do business online. Basic e-commerce stuff like listing their inventory online (and keeping it up-to-date), making the video demos, and actually posting freakin' prices are simple things, but it's enough to differentiate them from their more behind-the-times competitors.

JerryPH said:
He is apparently THE place to go to if you are anywhere in the area. Another place that has a reputation, though more for the Roland V-accordion is Roxys in Buffalo New York. They also have a few YouTube videos. :)

Yes, Roxy`s is also very good too. The owner Rose is a nice lady and quite knowledgeable.
Actually it`s about 40 minutes from Buffalo in Batavia , NY.

Thanks for the good information. I was thinking of maybe taking a road trip there sometime in the future. It looks like they have a lot of accordions and stuff. I have ordered felt and straps in the past and like you said it went out the next day and was very good. Looks like a cool place.
As for Roxys I havent been there in years, but it is fairly close to me. I know a few people who were interested in the Roland that went to her and seemed happy. I guess in the day her dad Roxy was quite the accordionist. Heres an interesting picture of him:

Attachments

• roxy.jpg
    roxy.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,509
Would love to stop by their place one day! It seems they don't list everything on their website. At least from the picture and videos, they have a lot more in stock than the few boxes listed on the website... even less on their ebay store front. Have fun in the store and say hi to Mike! :D

A friend of mine and a board member here (Ed) made the trip from Florida to Liberty Bellows to buy a beautiful accordion pretty recently. From all that I saw and heard he also had a great experience with them and is also quite happy. If he catches this thread, I'll let him post more about his experience. :)

If it was closer to me, I would go, just to visit LB! Next spring I may make the trip to Roxy's just to check it out as I will be in the area (well Niagara Falls area, which is under an hour's drive from there to Batavia).

Thats quite the trip, but it seems worth it. Ive noticed a place in Florida that looks like it has a lot of stuff too, maybe he has been there:

http://www.accordionlink.com/ON-SALE-2015-.html

Ive always thought if Im in the area to check it out. Ive been to a place in Clearwater also years ago- John Gaunt- very nice guy.

I just ( as in 2 mos ago) bought a used Borsini 5/5(triple musette)from them, LMMMH. My wife and I flew from St Augustine, FL to Philadelphia to give it a test drive. I feel the Borsini was priced fairly and it certainly is a wonderful accordion. I have been playing a Guerrini(4/5, dry tuned) for the last 50 years. Basically, they are nice people. Michael has done a great job with his small company, but has typical growing pains. Would I buy another accordion from them?.....jury still out as the warranty period is not up. I'll keep you advised. They have LOTS of accordions and associated merchandise. Certainly if you're in the area, stop in. It's an experience, if you're an accordionist. We are few and we are special. I picked them because they seemed to have the best variety of both new and used accordions on the web, which is all the info at my disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back