• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Any other bikers on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

knobby

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Or am I the only motorcycling accordionist (well............. learning accordionist)?

Taken last week at the beginning of the Fluelapass, Switzerland - my trusty Aprilia Caponord.

Attachments

• Snow.jpg
    Snow.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 1,697
Last edited:
I know what a bike looks like when I see one, but I've never ridden one.
Did you take your accordion with you on your road trip?

Knobby, I own a DL650 V Strom and also a BMW airhead, 1975 R75 (Gerta). The V Strom is for sale at this time, but the old airhead I don't think I can ever part with
Several years ago I test rode a Caponord, nice bike :b

Im on a Moto Guzzi, though from 1985 before they were acquired by Aprilia and then Piaggio.

rimrock-M.jpg

The rear luggage rack is big enough for my accordion, but I have done that only a couple times.

I`ve had a number of bikes over the past 33 years , I`ve been bikeless for the last few years though I can`t see it lasting much longer :shock: I`ve always had fast and sleek but with the proliferation of speed cameras and sneaky camera vans about, I may have to change my ways .........

If I had to replace my motorcycle, very likely would go quite a bit smaller. Out on the open road, your motorcycle can't be too big or too powerful, but I don't know that I care for that so much anyway, and around town -- at legal speeds -- smaller is more fun.

ummmmm.......I have a Urinal.....I mean a Ural.......... :oops: .....it currently actually runs..............although it didn't until I cleaned the carbs.........

jarvo said:
ummmmm.......I have a Urinal.....I mean a Ural.......... :oops: .....it currently actually runs..............although it didnt until I cleaned the carbs.........

That`s a heck of a thing to admit on a public forum Chris and must have taken some guts ! . In the 80s there were quite a few Urals, Cossacks & Dneiprs on the road, mostly combos ridden by potty old nutters who missed unreliable British junk so subsequently enjoyed tinkering with bikes more than riding them ..

donn said:
If I had to replace my motorcycle, very likely would go quite a bit smaller. Out on the open road, your motorcycle cant be too big or too powerful, but I dont know that I care for that so much anyway, and around town -- at legal speeds -- smaller is more fun.

Little ones are fun - Ive recently bought one these for messing around on.

1594405374664.jpg

Last edited:
I`d love one of those Knobby, what`s it called , who makes it ? .. it`s got lights and a number plate so must be Legal ? ..

I wish they`d legalise those Go-Ped motorized toy scooters , great for buzzing around town on I bet, even the Electric ones

Suzuki. Apparently a 2 stroke motor? I think 2 strokes may have been banned where I live, for air quality reasons - you have to mow your lawn if you want to use a 2 stroke.

Adam-T said:
I`d love one of those Knobby, what`s it called , who makes it ? .. it`s got lights and a number plate so must be Legal ? ..

I wish they`d legalise those Go-Ped motorized toy scooters , great for buzzing around town on I bet, even the Electric ones

Its a Suzuki TR50 Street Magic. Sold in the UK between 1998 and around 2003. Its a twist n go scooter engine in a mini motorcycle rolling chassis.

And it will bring out the hooligan in you! :twisted:

Thanks Knobby, I`d love one of those - as for His'n'Hers - Getting the Missus on one ? yeah right , best of luck there ! LOL

I own an Iceni 2 stroke, you know ,up and down, a real bike,if has 24 gears and weighs about 23lbs!

Bill V said:
I own an Iceni 2 stroke, you know ,up and down, a real bike,if has 24 gears and weighs about 23lbs!

I got on one of those sort of things once.....it would not go when I twisted t6he right hand grip........or was that my Ural ? :ch

used to be and would love to but can't afford a Douglas let alone a Brough! Jarvo I thought Urinals were designed to fun on vodka?
george

They were assembled by people who had drunk too much of the stuff is more likely - you`d have to have downed a bottle before buying one too (unless you`re a masochist)

I have to admit to having a bit of a soft spot for the Urals
6a00d83452989a69e201348200581b970c-800wi.jpg

Last edited:
Adam-T said:
They were assembled by people who had drunk too much of the stuff is more likely -

is that why they are refered to as urinals - perhaps so used during assembly for the relief of comrade workers! ;)
g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back