• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Another newcomer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffingers

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
While waiting for my rebuilt B grif 3 row to arrive from the Ukraine I've been scouring the interwebs for very bit of info which comes to hand - some it way down obscure 'rabbit holes' on youtube (which can occasionally lead to some amusing translations from Russian).
That's how I got here, but I'm damned if I can remember the route I took ;-)
One bit of useful info which I can pass on to other newbies is the Hohner app which presents you with a working keyboard for your iPad or similar. I've been able to practice the sequences of scales in readiness for actually 'squeezing the box', so to speak.
Where I live presently, a small rural town in Southwestern Australia, chromatic button accordions are as rare as hens' teeth (and those which are offered are often in need of urgent dental work) and likewise, the availability of competent instrument maintainace services is on an even count with rockinghorse droppings.
Youtube and other on-line services have been a mine of information - quite a lot of it actually useful, too - so I must be grateful for the magic of modern informational technology.
When I first started music lessons at high school in the wilds of West Wales, wired communication was via a shared "Crank the handle three times to wake the telephonist" black bakelite handset and the post (mail) delivered by a bloke on a bicycle (Yes, I am that old!). An iMac with a 25MB/sec connection is a distinct improvement.
If the arthritis permits, I may even get to playing a few tunes on the box.
Thank you good folk for being here; I may even be able to contribute something useful from time to time in return for the masses of good 'gen' which is posted by the present 'residents'.
Here's hoping.

Welcome. That's the way to go. I think the creator of the App you're using is a member here.
I started on the CBA the same way, but on an Android.
Keep us posted how it goes.
Simon

Welcome F! Have you met our famous Dingo?

Croeso Ffingers
(I wondered as soon as I saw the Ff.)

CBA supplies can be difficult, quite apart from hen's teeth and rocking horse manure there's the problem of parts made from Unobtainium
Cheers
Tom

Welcome, Ffingers!
I'm a fellow Aussie located in SA, near Adelaide .
All my accordions are PAs: I know nothing of CBAs??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back