• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

And a Hi From me too

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adam-T

Hi..... just saying Hi from the cold Chester/North Wales region of the UK . Played PA for Eons,Switched to CBA late last year due to the power to size ratio (love a Challenge) , slowly getting to grips with it - have Melodeons, a Steirische (my main Diatonic box) and various other oddities too ....... even have an old tatty Trichord (Like a Shand Morino in the same way that a Volkswagen golf is like a Bentley continental - LOL) ...
I used to be a rock keyboard player but thesedays I play squeezebox and guitar for the church folk group

Hi Adam, welcome.
I'm very curious about how easy it is to move from PA to CBA or even better how easy it is to master both?

I thought it would be helped by playing melodeons so was used to buttons at both ends - but actualy was more confusing as I was used to bi-sonoric action with the button treble end . I was quite honestly amazed at my pace of picking the C system CBA up , it`s very logically laid out and quite a lot of stuff is easier to play due to lack of span needed. transposing is easy too ..

On a different note - I`ve not figured how to get a 100X100 pixel avatar into 6Kb , 10 is the best I can do even with a GIF so I`ll be Avatar-less

Yes, I had the same problem Adam. I threw mine into Photoshop and did a save for web. That solved it.
Maybe we need to poke the site manager to go easy on us. 6kb is rather small.

Glenn said:
Yes, I had the same problem Adam. I threw mine into Photoshop and did a save for web. That solved it.
Maybe we need to poke the site manager to go easy on us. 6kb is rather small.

Its a challenge :lol: mine is 3.36kb.

Ive changed the allowed size to 16kb so that should be enough.

Thanks Knobby ------------- and for the Forum too - expect to see many Accordion-forum Refugees here ;-)

Hi Adam, welcome aboard. I'm not far from Chester either... You don't do Chester Accordion club? I don't but would ask what you thought...

I don`t do accordion clubs either, I find they`re like camera clubs (not a good thing) though I`m sure that some get a lot from them

Hi Adam,

I don't do accordion clubs either as the thought of playing a small part in amongst 20 others sounds a bit dull but I might try it one day.
As for camera clubs I'm quite keen on them.

I kind of fancy club visits on the basis you get to hear lots of different accordions; may help me decide what accordion I'd like to end up with. Subject of a thread - what can you gain from accordion club membership?

Yeah, I never thought of it that way - just make sure you cast an eye over the boxes before joining - LOL

Adam-T said:
Hi..... just saying Hi from the cold Chester/North Wales region of the UK .

Hi Adam T - I have only realised in the last 24 hours that you are the same Adam T, I thought there was a new kid on the block who had hijacked this user id - was getting seriously mixed messages with your avator and all :roll: {}

Today is the 1st day that I have spent time checking this site out

Well Dave, with most adding pics of themselves as Avatars and this being an especially friendly place, I thought I`d give the piglet-pic a miss and post my ugly mug instead

I was a member of 4 clubs way back when,had one aweek 3 folded eventually.The one still going I no longer attend,sore tendons mean I cant keep going for long.They are good places to learn all aspects of playing and the guest artists are worth hearing.

Bill V said:
I was a member of 4 clubs way back when,had one aweek 3 folded eventually.The one still going I no longer attend,sore tendons mean I cant keep going for long.They are good places to learn all aspects of playing and the guest artists are worth hearing.

bill just wondering if we have met ? as met someone once in herts to check out their gallotta p/a for sale - it could be you !

Never owned a Gallotta,so was not me,I attended the Uxbridge CLub for many years,every month till sore right hand kept me from playing regularly,It is now a 3 monthly club been a couple of times since to listen not to play,met Sandy Flett[Accordion Forum] one time.Getting back to playing a little.

Attachments

• If Ever I Would Leave You variation1.pdf
    40 KB · Views: 33
There's one near where I live and even though most of the members don't play what I'm interested in, I think it will get me used to playing in front of people. They don't play together but one at a time. They also have the 120
Bass pa's and mine is smaller. What is a CBA? I'm very new to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back