• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Accordionwise: great learning site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Yates

Reaction score
An accordionist in Cornwall, Alex Govier, has a completely free site about learning the piano accordion. No annoying ads, no charges, updated frequently. He also has a Facebook site but I avoid that and other possibly hazardous social media.
I learned a lot, especially from the Bass Section page. He is obviously a very gifted teacher, but doesnt offer Skype lessons here. His tips are really useful, and the way he thinks about the PA is really refreshing. He said he gets a bit of feedback from, er, more conservative and traditional players, but I find I go back to his bass exercises all the time.
http://www.accordionwise.com/play_better_accordion_bass.html

Thanks for that, Eddy.  It looks a great site and there's some very useful information and help there.

I've just had a quick look at his Facebook page - some good videos and he has a charming, unassuming manner.  I like his pragmatic approach.  One of the disadvantages of Facebook is that stuff seems to disappear after a time but people seem to find it handy for posting short videos.

By coincidence, I was just reading his page on better basses playing, found by a search, then came here!

My goal for this year is to find any note on the bass section and play any pattern I can think of....I know, modest goals, but one step at a time! He has a nice set of charts that show the intervallic relationships, and he includes a bunch of exercises to reach fluency. Very helpful to a piano player like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back