• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Accordion Solos With Concert Band

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MIArmyBand

I would love to hear about any experiences with solo performance with concert (wind/military) band! What are your favorites? How did you amplify your sound? I purchased "Tico-Tico" to play with my band, but I would love to hear about some others.

If its an acoustic band/orc. the box by its self should be good. If the orc. is miked down then the same for you're box. What does the volinest use when he or she solos. The box should be as loud any violin. Now if its an elect. band its a hole different story.

I have played Adios Nonino (on the accordion) with four different bands (wind, typically around 30 people) already. Because these bands are quite loud you need a lot of amplification. I have my own Bose L1 model 2 (with bass module and tonematch engine) and that is wonderful. I place the Bose behind the band so that the band members can hear me play. For loud and absolutely natural accordion sound the Bose L1 is the only way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back