• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Accordion in experimental rock album

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan

Reaction score
Co-wrote and recorded this a few years ago with a guitarist friend, don’t think I’ve shared it. Glass Houses was the working name.

I like to hear accordion pop up in styles of music where it’s not common—Kongos, Turisas, Decemberists, etc—so I insisted I would not play any keyboards. Just double down on accordion and see what happens. Does it work? You be the judge.

This hard rock song employs glissandos and double taps

Accordion and fiddle duet on a folk-rock tune.

Straight up punk rock with accordion doubling the guitar riff. Like my screaming? :)

This one incorporates a waltz motif

Accordion swells helped add to the intensity of this song. Threw in some jazz chords too.

enjoy

Last edited:
@dan check out, les hurlements de leo, and debut sur le zinc... French punksters.. May be too your liking... You bear similarities.... And that's a compliment.. ?

Thanks Dan,
Great to hear your incorporation of accordion with these genres.
Sounds like you had fun making them.
"You can't find love in the dictionary" was my favourite.

Metalcore with accordion from ND/MN, who would of thought it? Very talented and the accordion sounds good with the interesting lyrics. "Drink tea my friend when you're knocking on death's door." Great work, congrats!

Metalcore with accordion from ND/MN, who would of thought it? Very talented and the accordion sounds good with the interesting lyrics. "Drink tea my friend when you're knocking on death's door." Great work, congrats!
Thanks! Actually “drink deep my friend”. LOL. Guess we gotta work on our diction!

Reactions: Tom
Ahhh, ok, thanks!

Metalcore with accordion from ND/MN, who would of thought it?
Different band. We’re the musical project from WI that didn’t get around to picking an unambiguous band name, deciding how to categorize the style, making a real website, or finding a drummer and bassist willing to play live. Ah well it was fun anyway.

Different band. We’re the musical project from WI that didn’t get around to picking an unambiguous band name, deciding how to categorize the style, making a real website, or finding a drummer and bassist willing to play live. Ah well it was fun anyway.
Oh, it's confusing! Whereabouts in WI are you?

Lived in Madison at the time I recorded this. now live in Ames, Iowa

@dan check out, les hurlements de leo, and debut sur le zinc... French punksters.. May be too your liking... You bear similarities.... And that's a compliment.. ?
thanks for recommendation, Hurlemonts De Leo is to my liking! Acoustic instruments with light percussion and punk intensity— good approach for reliable stage sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back