• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Accordion and voice music

Alans

Reaction score
I’m trying to find music for accordion and voice-intermediate level. I don’t want to use piano scores because I need the chords written out for My preference is to buy sheet music because I really need to see it clearly. Any suggestions would be great help.

thank-you.

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of music are you looking for, Alan? I have "101 Popular Songs for the Accordion" which are "standards," ranging in difficulty, American, Italian, etc. Amazon has the song list. Sort of a smorgasbord. Really depends on your musical tastes. Easiest probably is to start with a song you like and check the internet sheet music sites. Just google "Song Title sheet music accordion" In most cases you will find it. Good luck! I almost always arrange my own.

Alans

Reaction score
Thanks Tom, I know that book but I don’t remember it having a vocal part. Will check it out.
Best..

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a page sample, Alan:

20210701_175540.jpg

Emme

Reaction score
Thanks Tom, will look out for the book. As a beginner I too, prefer accordion sheet music. Does someone know if you can purchase the accordion sheet music from musescore without having to join on a yearly subscription please?

Reactions: Tom

Glug

Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can join Musescore.com with a free account but can't download copyrighted pieces.

From https://musescore.org/en/node/298277:

MuseScore - the notation software - is and always will remain free. The score sharing website has both free and Pro accounts. The latter are required in order to download copyrighted music, as the revenue from the Pro account is what pays the copyright owners. For more information about msuescore.com, though, you really need to go over there, this site (musescore.org) is for discussing the software, which again, remains free.

But you can view the copyrighted piece online.
Therefore you could download the free software from Musescore.org and just copy the music from Musescore.com :)

What I do is create two versions of any music I'm trying to play. One is in proper accordion notation for sight reading, the other is the same but has the chords filled in which I use for playback when practising.

JeffJetton

Reaction score
What kind of music are you looking for, Alan? I have "101 Popular Songs for the Accordion" which are "standards," ranging in difficulty, American, Italian, etc.

There's also the newer "First 50 Songs You Should Play on the Accordion", which has pretty much all of the accordion chestnuts, arranged similarly--full accordion notation, with lyrics and written chord names added.

Also, one can legally download individual accordion arrangements from SheetMusicPlus.

Alans

Reaction score
Thanks Tom. That screen shot gives me a sense of the book. I ordered it from the library because it’s 66.00 plus tax so I want to take a look before I buy it.
And thank-you Jeff. I actually own that book but never looked in it for lyrics before.

oldbayan

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Tom, will look out for the book. As a beginner I too, prefer accordion sheet music. Does someone know if you can purchase the accordion sheet music from musescore without having to join on a yearly subscription please?
You can buy one at a time, but it gets much cheaper with a subscription.