• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

accordiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagant27

Reaction score
Quick question about excelsior accordianas. I am referring to the 320s, 310s, 306s, etc. Ive seen them with an A on them as well as an E on them. ANy differences? Does this help in figuring when they were made, is the quality different? It seems accordianas in general are well built.

Heres a pic of one off ebay with an A.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• accord.jpg
    accord.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 390
I am also interested in your question as I have a similar looking accordion (model 320) except it is labeled Excelsior and not Accordiana. It also has the A by Excelsior emblem. Unlike yours mine includes a mute lever in the right above the keyboard that operates vents in the bellows between the bass and treble sides. Also I noticed a dividing wall in the bellows. In this divider there is a flap like valve on each side. I am curious as to what this does. Is your accordion constructed the same way?

The more I learn about Accordions, The less I know about accordions.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if maybe it is some kind of vibrato? Is there a piece of metal that can oscillate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back