• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

A whimsy??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say, and I mean it in the nicest way possible, we really do have a great bunch of romantics here: good for you, guys!??

I must say, and I mean it in the nicest way possible, we really do have a great bunch of romantics here: good for you, guys!??
It's just a classic movie with the song that started more people learning the accordion since that Lady of Spain.

A player or singer of music without having a touch of romanticism inherent is not a musician!
My first violin teacher was one such animal, one who destroyed my older brother's love for the instrument despite his incredible competency.
She, together with the school's music teacher, put me off formal music learning for over half a century. It is only now, in the realisation that I need no-one's approval, or otherwise, of my efforts at making pleasant sounds, that I am actually engaging with the simple joys of music making.
My housemate is suitably impressed with my efforts, though ;-)

When I was in high school and deep in the midst of my Gustav Mahler phase --- that's what you had to do as a teen, before we had goth culture --- I liked to say that "in musical taste, I am a hopeless romantic; in all other respects, romantically hopeless." It's still pretty much true a few decades later. (And I still like Mahler, but I have branched out some.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back