• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

A new book about Paolo Soprani

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 48

The official website of Castelfidardo in Italy has announced the presentation of a book in Italian about Paolo Soprani. 

The title: 'Paolo Soprani: Founder of the accordion industry in Italy. '

Thanks, that's nice to know, Stephen. :)
Unfortunately, I myself will need to wait for the English translation! :huh:

Thanks Stephen!

Heres the original link and English version (my translation). Note that the book appears to be in English as well as Italian, and will be available at the Aleph bookstore. Ill see about getting a copy for review.

https://www.comune.castelfidardo.an...il-fondatore-dellindustria-della-fisarmonica/

A book on Paolo Soprani, the founder of the accordion industry.

On Wednesday, December 18, at 12:00, at the Sala Raffaello, at 9 Via Gentile da Fabriano, in Ancona, Marche, Paolo Soprani: the Founder of the Accordion Idustry was presented.

Its a project born of an idea and a thirty-year friendship between the artist and entrepreneur Nazzareno Carini, who over the years has collected unpublished material, and the former politician and co-founder of the Castelfidardo Accordion Museum, Vincenzo Canali, who had the idea of creating a book in two languages ​​(Italian and English) that showcases the cultural heritage and the humanity of a great Castelfidardan. A team of professionals and supporters worked on the project under the patronage of the Marche Region and the Municipality of Castelfidardo and with the editorial commitment of Tecnostampa of Recanati.

The volume consists of three parts: the idea, the legend, and the man, illustrated with copious images and the thoughts of important accordion lovers. More than a hundred years after the death of the enlightened former Mayor, Knight of the Crown of Italy, and honored veteran Paolo Soprani, this new publication combines the events and the story of his unique life of creativity with the entrepreneurial history of the Marche Region.

The book will soon be available at the Aleph bookshop in Castelfidardo.

Thank you Tom for letting us know the book is also in English.
That's good news ! So the book will attend a larger and more international group of readers.

I was also looking for a YT video of the presentation of this book. But until this moment, I haven't found a video. Perhaps the book presentation was not filmed, I don't know.

If anyone can find an online table of contents, or if we can see some previews inside the book + some more details (number of pages, ...), any additional info on this book is welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back