• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

a mystery tango called Tango Nelia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Fusari

Reaction score
So, about 10 years ago (yes thats right) I was browsing through Bredes Accordion Midi page looking for some new songs/tangos to play on the accordion.   That page is here:    http://www.accordionmidi.com/tango   

I found this nice little midi tango called Tango Nelia : www.accordionmidi.com/nelia.mid

I liked it so much I learned how to play it . Its such a nice little tune! I even (recently) have written an arrangement for it and recorded it.  Its posted on youtube:
So heres the thing: I cant find any information on this song at all. A google search for it shows Bredes midi page, and now my video, but absolutely nothing else anywhere. So I have no idea who wrote it, or when, or anything. There are no other versions or covers of it. I put the arrangement on Musescore and someone there suggested it was written by Julio Cezar Cornelius who is a Brazilian composer, which is possible I suppose, but I cant find any record of it. Its a mystery to me.

Does anyone know anything about this song?

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cool tune, my compliments to you. I'm sorry I don't know anything about this tune, but perhaps it was written for a Brazilian named Nélia (Nélia's Tango?)

jozz

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
maybe try to contact Julio directly? -> https://juliocezarcornelius.wordpress.com

seems he operates this wordpress (although long inactive, maybe he still receives email notifications)

Eu sou Julio Cezar Cornelius, músico e pesquisador de tecnologia músical. Este é meu blog onde vou partilhar com vocês meus interesses e minha música.

I am Julio Cezar Cornelius, musician and music technology researcher. This is my blog where I will share with you my interests and my music.

OuijaBoard

Reaction score
Can you not contact Nils-Helge Brede and ask for info or pointers as to his source?

Status
Not open for further replies.