• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

4x Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walleye

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is it possible to use the 4x Editor without actually connecting to the 4x? I haven’t found anyway to do so as of yet. The 1x editor allows one to open it, open sets stored on the computer or flash, make changes and save, then load them. Might be nice to do so on the 4x.
Thanks.

Needs to connect to the accordion. Interesting about 1x editor, which I know nothing about?
I always ask Roland support if I have question. They always respond quickly.
I am not a big fan of always connecting to the accordion. Sometimes when connected and I change to another register to program, it loses connection. Have to reconnect.
My Korg arranger has a software edit program that you can program without connecting.

It's true that Roland still has some work to do when it comes to their sound editor, but then again, there is a lot of space left to grow in pretty much everything they offer.

I can see the reasoning behind why, though... it's not logical to make changes and not be able to hear them, so the accordion should be connected. If you have the space set up nicely, it's no real biggie. I'll be playing with my 8X a lot more in 2018, hopefully, creating a series of educational videos that includes the editor.

JerryPH post_id=53912 time=1514452474 user_id=1475 said:
Its true that Roland still has some work to do when it comes to their sound editor, but then again, there is a lot of space left to grow in pretty much everything they offer.

I can see the reasoning behind why, though... its not logical to make changes and not be able to hear them, so the accordion should be connected. If you have the space set up nicely, its no real biggie. Ill be playing with my 8X a lot more in 2018, hopefully, creating a series of educational videos that includes the editor.

I was wrong with the Korg arranger, the editor let’s you only rename songs in the Songbook list or put the styles in different locations (Banks) not change sounds off line. They too have the same idea.
Doing some training videos on the editor would be nice. I think one of the biggies is the EQ section.
You should play it more in 2018. I was involved in a day job, working Overtime, etc. There is that old saying, “life is too short to work everyday”.

When I win the lottery, I promise to do a minimum of 4 hours a day of accordion related stuff.

Now, 12 hour work days and 3-4 hours of travel make it challenging to say the least. ")

Do you actually do the lottery Jerry.[emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glenn post_id=53936 time=1514499939 user_id=61 said:
Do you actually do the lottery Jerry.[emoji15]
Nope, waste of money... lol

Keymn post_id=53937 time=1514500703 user_id=2502 said:
You have to play it to win it! :lol:
Yes, but the problem is that the few times I do play, someone else wins... lol

Anyone have connection timeout issues. I get his a couple times when programming. Have to restart program. Could be my slow PC?

Keymn post_id=55997 time=1520725956 user_id=2502 said:
Anyone have connection timeout issues. I get his a couple times when programming. Have to restart program. Could be my slow PC?

How slow is your PC? How long before it times out? Normally there is not a ton of activity, only small bits of info are read and transmitted (with the exception of the initial big read, which is not all that much, but I did note it was pretty slow, even on a fast PC). Are you using the Roland USB driver? Are you using the proper settings on the accordion?

If I remember correctly, the longest I played with it was 90-95 minutes, no timeouts.

JerryPH post_id=56003 time=1520779264 user_id=1475 said:
Keymn post_id=55997 time=1520725956 user_id=2502 said:

How slow is your PC? How long before it times out? Normally there is not a ton of activity, only small bits of info are read and transmitted (with the exception of the initial big read, which is not all that much, but I did note it was pretty slow, even on a fast PC). Are you using the Roland USB driver? Are you using the proper settings on the accordion?

If I remember correctly, the longest I played with it was 90-95 minutes, no timeouts.
I always get the weird stuff. It just seems when hooked up to editor and switch to another register to program, It reacts to the change and sometimes times out. Do not use it much anymore since I am set on most registers. Not a fan of this type of editor. Like the one on my Korg which is Windows friendly. Drag and drop to the instrument when connected to PC. At least it is something, Better then programming with that small accordion screen.

Keymn post_id=56006 time=1520783522 user_id=2502 said:
I always get the weird stuff. It just seems when hooked up to editor and switch to another register to program, It reacts to the change and sometimes times out. Do not use it much anymore since I am set on most registers. Not a fan of this type of editor. Like the one on my Korg which is Windows friendly. Drag and drop to the instrument when connected to PC. At least it is something, Better then programming with that small accordion screen.
But you didnt answer any of my questions... :)
Also, you might want to do a quick screen capture or video of the connection process and when it crases. It might help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back