• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

21 tunes in 21 weeks......Week #12(all contributors)

GeorgeH76

Reaction score
Sung by a great Italian singer, Italian theme, ( some) Italian lyrics: it's Italian !😄
It's listed in this Italian American songbook🍕Makes me think of Italo American accordions which were made in USA and Italy

wirralaccordion

Reaction score
Week 13 coming up and I looked at several different songs but ended up with a Happy, Classic Slovenian Yankovic Polka...Top of the Hill. I'm beginning to think I'll be the last man standing.
Very enjoyable George. You sure are a fan of Slovenian polkas! Your accordion has the perfect sound for them. Is there a book in existence containing the sheet music of Slovenian Polkas? If so, does it include the Good Times polka which you have played previously and which I particulary like? Thanks.

NickC

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice work George.
I don’t have a new tune, but I did a video session with a guitarist and bassist with 4 tunes I already knew. I should have it to post next week. In the meantime, I’m looking at my PA rep and trying to relearn some on the CBA, so hopefully I can learn them quicker and get back in the 21 tune challenge.

wirralaccordion

Reaction score
From musette last week it is back to classical for week 12 with a waltz from Emile Waldteufel. A few inaccuracies in my playing but the 80/20 rule applies here, 80% towards perfection takes 20% of the time it takes for perfection ( 100% ).

GeorgeH76

Reaction score
Very enjoyable George. You sure are a fan of Slovenian polkas! Your accordion has the perfect sound for them. Is there a book in existence containing the sheet music of Slovenian Polkas? If so, does it include the Good Times polka which you have played previously and which I particulary like? Thanks.
Thanks. You can try ebay for slovenian sheet music. Here is a link for concertina music which can be used for PA. I could never find the sheet music for Good Time polka...had to listen to youtube recordings and figure it out.
Note: There is a also a Good Times Polka which is a different tune than Good Time Polka.

Last edited: