• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

1960 Scandalli 120bass LMMH (4+5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nathen

I just bought this Scandalli at my local store, Long & Mcquade. As soon as I played it I fell in love with the sound and bought it on the spot. Its in mint condition. I only had to slightly straighten one reed leather. The store had put new Neotech straps on it, the icing on the cake!

The reed blocks are made of oak, as is the rest of the body. I particularly like the bellows lock at the back. It weighs 23 lbs. The keyboard is 19 iinches (actually 18 7/8ths!) It has eleven treble couplers, the first and last being the master, and a wrist master coupler. The bass has that wonderful rich sound that Scandalli's are famous for, and the treble middle reeds have a sweet tremelo to them.

It's tight and expressive, even at low bellows pressure. It has no model name only the serial number 787/49. I contacted Scandalli and they sent a very nice reply, saying that when they took over the company all the records were lost or mislaid.

Anyway, I feel extremely lucky to have it. I got it for $715. What can you get for that these days with this much quality, not much. Unless of course if you're as lucky a I am. I wanted to share this with members to show that what you really want is always out there waiting for you.

Wishful thinking? Yes. But at least if you think that way you'll keep looking for what you want.

nathen

Attachments

• 2014-04-03 12.44.55-1.jpg
    2014-04-03 12.44.55-1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,835

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that Nathen - looks nice. Good luck with it :tup:

E

Edu79

good luck

Eduardo

nathen said:
I just bought this Scandalli at my local store, Long & Mcquade. As soon as I played it I fell in love with the sound and bought it on the spot. Its in mint condition. I only had to slightly straighten one reed leather. The store had put new Neotech straps on it, the icing on the cake!

The reed blocks are made of oak, as is the rest of the body. I particularly like the bellows lock at the back. It weighs 23 lbs. The keyboard is 19 iinches (actually 18 7/8ths!) It has eleven treble couplers, the first and last being the master, and a wrist master coupler. The bass has that wonderful rich sound that Scandallis are famous for, and the treble middle reeds have a sweet tremelo to them.

Its tight and expressive, even at low bellows pressure. It has no model name only the serial number 787/49. I contacted Scandalli and they sent a very nice reply, saying that when they took over the company all the records were lost or mislaid.

Anyway, I feel extremely lucky to have it. I got it for $715. What can you get for that these days with this much quality, not much. Unless of course if youre as lucky a I am. I wanted to share this with members to show that what you really want is always out there waiting for you.

Wishful thinking? Yes. But at least if you think that way youll keep looking for what you want.

nathen

N

nathen

Thanks guys for your kind comments. I was surprised there was no model name on it, I thought Scandalli named all their models. Eduardo, you obviously know a lot about Scandallis, do you recognise where in the Scandalli line of models mine would be? Or perhaps someone else recognises it?

Thanks.

nathen

T

Trailhand

Very Nice Instrument! Can't find that kind of quality anymore.

E

Edu79

Hello,

Here are some adds from Brasil, they call it Scandalli Serie Ouro.
Hope you spend pleasent times with your accordeon :)

Eduardo

http://acordeonsdafronteira.blogspot.pt/2012/08/vendido-acordeon-scandalli-serie-ouro.html

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-546305160-acordeon-scandalli-sanfona-gaita-serie-ouro-_JM

http://www.recantoacordeon.com.br/Scandalli-120-Recanto-Acordeon.html

http://www.sanfonia.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=135

nathen said:
Thanks guys for your kind comments. I was surprised there was no model name on it, I thought Scandalli named all their models. Eduardo, you obviously know a lot about Scandallis, do you recognise where in the Scandalli line of models mine would be? Or perhaps someone else recognises it?

Thanks.

nathen

N

nathen

Thank you so much for your post Eduardo of the ads for my As Scandalli Musette, especially the demo clip on youtube. It really inspired me. I just love this accordion. From the asking prices I can see what an incredible deal I got.

I tried to find out what Ouro means but couldn't find anything, any ideas?

Thanks again Eduardo

nathen

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ouro is an area in Brazil, but is prob a red herring.
'Ouro serie' believe is Portugese for 'Gold Series' but I didn't see any branded as such.

N

nathen

Hi Ed, thanks for the extra info. The keyboard, as I previously mentioned, ha ha, is 19 inches (actually 18 7/8ths!)

nathen

Status
Not open for further replies.