• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

10 million views and counting!?

"Wasn't there a wise man who said (about voters): "You don't get the president you need. You get the president you deserve.".."
In view of the present circumstances, Paul, I imagine this would match (ex)POTUS Trump's feelings precisely!?

Last edited:
"In case you want a pretty face to go with an accordion and want to enjoy the music as well, watch some videos by Ksenija Sidorova! ..."
Ksenija is certainly both an attractive and an accomplished accordionist, Paul, the only issue being the rather strange facial expressions she's often pulling whilst playing ?
I do that too (but don't have a pretty face like Ksenija :(). Facial expressions (and sometimes also body movement, but not too much) are all part of showing the emotion you feel while playing. I have the bad habit of partly sticking out my tongue when I'm really concentrated. That's a hard habit to get rid of...

"I do that too (but don't have a pretty face like Ksenija :(). Facial expressions (and sometimes also body movement, but not too much) are all part of showing the emotion you feel while playing. I have the bad habit of partly sticking out my tongue when I'm really concentrated.

Much better than humming along loudly enough for the mike to pick it up, Paul!?
Honestly, I haven't noticed any of the above in your videos, so no need for concern!
All good!??

Free Spirit,
Can you confirm whether this is, indeed, Albino Manique, playing in a quartet, in this video??

See here:

Last edited:
Paul: I haven't been following the elections in the Netherlands. I can begin to share your doubt about the collective wisdom of so many people
in their voting habits. There is a couthy saying here which applies when you find yourself out of kilter with the prominent view. It was uttered by a proud mother who was watching her newly recruited son in an army march-past and who was notably the only soldier not in step with the rest. She said "They're all out of step except our Jock!"
To quote other 'famous' observations, getting back to the Russian group at the head of this thread, Sir Thomas Lipton, a fabulously successful merchant of the early 20th century said "No publicity is worse than bad publicity". I think there's truth in that and I hope Paul will just grin and bear it.

Carlinhos(AKA Jakob) Steiner in the land of his ancestors ?
(Worth a listen!?)
His reception there beats that given to the prodigal son ( of the Old Testament)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom
Wow, grande, obrigado! What style would you call this? From where?
Hello Tom! Good morning or good afternoon or good night. It is the "gaucho" or "gauchesco" style, as we say here. It is derived from the South of Brazil (where I live).
Fire Spirit,
Thanks for sharing the clips .?
While Albino Manique is new to me, I do know of Carlinhos Steiner, and may have been the one to have introduced him to the forum sometime during the past year (October 2020), he's amazing!??
The gaúcho ( ?) from Austria ?
See here:
There is much wonderful South American music and Brazilian music in particular to be enjoyed by all!
All good!??
Hello Dingo!
Albino Manique and Carlinhos Steiner are closer friends, both have a particular technique.
Free Spirit,
Can you confirm whether this is, indeed, Albino Manique, playing in a quartet, in this video??

See here:

Yes, He has a band called "Os Mirins". It is very famous in the south of Brazil and has songs with very curious techniques (which I particularly want to learn a lot). Here in Brazil, they say that every "gaucho" (who was born in the state of Rio Grande do Sul) is born with a horse, a boot, a "Mate Gourd (Paraguayan Tea) and an accordion. Most learn by "ear". Look at this show (to his hands in music at 7:55), where he was a special guest

Last edited:
Thanks Fire!

Fire Spirit,
"Yes, He has a band called "Os Mirins". It is very famous in the south of Brazil and has songs with very curious techniques (which I particularly want to learn a lot)."
Thanks for the information and the clip!??
(I notice they guy on the left is playing his accordion upside down ?)
Have you heard of this duo?

Last edited:
Paul: I haven't been following the elections in the Netherlands. I can begin to share your doubt about the collective wisdom of so many people
in their voting habits. There is a couthy saying here which applies when you find yourself out of kilter with the prominent view. It was uttered by a proud mother who was watching her newly recruited son in an army march-past and who was notably the only soldier not in step with the rest. She said "They're all out of step except our Jock!"
To quote other 'famous' observations, getting back to the Russian group at the head of this thread, Sir Thomas Lipton, a fabulously successful merchant of the early 20th century said "No publicity is worse than bad publicity". I think there's truth in that and I hope Paul will just grin and bear it.
The "collective wisdom" of people represents the average IQ which I fear is on the low side. This week, after our prime minister was again caught either blatantly lying or suffering from dementia (not clear which), a significant fraction of the population has already seen the error of their vote...
As for the silly video, I could easily have lived not knowing it existed. Our government, sadly, is more difficult to just ignore, grin and bear it...
I don't mind the video with the women dancing around with white accordions... there is a lot of silly entertainment that I can safely ignore and that mainly exists on TV to fill the small gaps there still are in between blocks with advertisements...

The "collective wisdom" of people represents the average IQ which I fear is on the low side. This week, after our prime minister was again caught either blatantly lying or suffering from dementia (not clear which), a significant fraction of the population has already seen the error of their vote...
As for the silly video, I could easily have lived not knowing it existed. Our government, sadly, is more difficult to just ignore, grin and bear it...
I don't mind the video with the women dancing around with white accordions... there is a lot of silly entertainment that I can safely ignore and that mainly exists on TV to fill the small gaps there still are in between blocks with advertisements...
Sadly, youtube has become like the tv, with ads between almost every video. If you love watching accordion or other videos, only solution is to download 100 videos that look good, and watch them with vlc player or whatever.

Sadly, youtube has become like the tv, with ads between almost every video. If you love watching accordion or other videos, only solution is to download 100 videos that look good, and watch them with vlc player or whatever.
Or install adblocker on your pc.... ?
Stuns me that google make a fortune selling advertising yet supply me a free app to block ads on my windows pc.... Pity its not available for phones too...

Reactions: Tom
Or install adblocker on your pc.... ?
Stuns me that google make a fortune selling advertising yet supply me a free app to block ads on my windows pc.... Pity its not available for phones too...
Hmmm, haven't tried it. It really blocks the ads on youtube?

Back