• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

10 million views and counting!?

Dingo40

Been here for ages!
Reaction score
They must be doing something right: 10 million views and counting !?
Hope for the accordion yet???

There is hope for silly music and ridiculous dance moves by pretty ladies who just happen to do it with accordions. No hope for more serious accordion players who may not have the looks, dress more formally, want to sit down to play, using a black accordion, and who want to play something I would actually call music...

Tried suggesting this to my wife as a new thing for her to try. Does anyone know how to safely remove a 48 bass from posterior cavity?

Paul,
Seriously, we're all very fond of you and appreciate you for your music, technique and technical expertise , but sometimes you can be a just a little predictable, like now!?
Still, we don't mind: don't ever change a thing and keep on keeping on as charming as we all know you to be!??

The thing is, these girls are giving the audience what it wants.
OK, the audience may not be very discerning, sophisticated or knowledgeable but it is an audience!?
Here, in Oz, we have a free to air public broadcaster, the ABC, paid for by the taxpayers.
Despite there being no shortage of much more interesting pieces to choose from (even from clsssical music), "Our ABC" constantly and continually insists on playing the most excruciatingly boring "classical music " imaginable. Result: its audience share is around 1 to 1.5%?
People would rather have their teeth pulled than listen to what they play, no matter who composed it!?
It reminds me of a segment from the vintage Little House on the Prairie series where the raconteur recounts his experiences as a college-radio disc jockey, when he had left a super-long, long-playing record of some classical composition unattended on the turntable to go shopping .
Unfortunately, while he was away, the needle became stuck in the groove and remained so until his return a considerable time later.
Evidently , no one had called the station to complain, demonstrating just how popular the programme wasn't.

Last edited:
Thanks for responding Jozz: nice clip!?
Tastes vary, even day to day: room for all !??
Still, 10 million viewers can't all be wrong!?

Last edited:
As they say in the advertising business, "Sex sells." Personally this is not my cup of tea, but whatever.....

Thanks for responding Jozz: nice clip!?
Tastes vary, even day to day: room for all !??
Still, 10 million voters can't all be wrong!?
Wasn't there a wise man who said (about voters): "You don't get the president you need. You get the president you deserve."
We just had elections in the Netherlands, and I'm seriously beginning to believe that 10 million voters can really all be wrong...
In case you want a pretty face to go with an accordion and want to enjoy the music as well, watch some videos by Ksenija Sidorova! She has some videos with millions of views. Not 10 million for a single video but easily over 10 million in total.

Well, we did survive Trump..... Good luck to you all, Paul. Yeah, there are a lot of attractive accordion playing women and men out there in youtube land, playing with class and dignity.

Then you have Jucéli Borsoi, Lucy Alves, Bia Socek, not to mention Dorgival Dantas, sanfoneiro/as gaúchas, forró.....

Tai uma sanfoneira pra você!

Last edited:
Then you have Jucéli Borsoi, Lucy Alves, Bia Socek, not to mention Dorgival Dantas, sanfoneiro/as gaúchas, forró.....

Tai uma sanfoneira pra você!

Obrigado, Tom!
We also have Albino Manique and Carlinhos Steiner. Do you know these too?

Wow, grande, obrigado! What style would you call this? From where?

Fire Spirit,
Thanks for sharing the clips .?
While Albino Manique is new to me, I do know of Carlinhos Steiner, and may have been the one to have introduced him to the forum sometime during the past year (October 2020), he's amazing!??
The gaúcho ( ?) from Austria ?
See here:
There is much wonderful South American music and Brazilian music in particular to be enjoyed by all!
All good!??

Last edited:
"In case you want a pretty face to go with an accordion and want to enjoy the music as well, watch some videos by Ksenija Sidorova! ..."
Ksenija is certainly both an attractive and an accomplished accordionist, Paul, the only issue being the rather strange facial expressions she's often pulling whilst playing ?

Back