They’re Baaack!
Well, folks, it’s all over some of the Facebook pages. Bugatti EVO rides again. This time, as I understand it, the company that Marco Cingalia formed when the EVO division closed has entered into an agreement with Bugatti to keep producing the original models, provide aftersale support for them, and introduce a smaller, lighter line that uses all Italian electronics later this year. In addition, Petosa, the sole US distributor of the EVO, has announced that they will continue to supply the EVOs.
Thanks Alan! Putting Bugatti in charge is a great move but the new Evo will probably cost about $14 million.....
Wink 
(08-02-2020, 06:47 PM)Alan Sharkis Wrote: Well, folks, it’s all over some of the Facebook pages. Bugatti EVO rides again. This time, as I understand it, the company that Marco Cingalia formed when the EVO division closed has entered into an agreement with Bugatti to keep producing the original models, provide aftersale support for them, and introduce a smaller, lighter line that uses all Italian electronics later this year. In addition, Petosa, the sole US distributor of the EVO, has announced that they will continue to supply the EVOs.

Alan,

Bugatti was a famous French maker of high performance automobiles, between about 1909 and 1963, and never made accordions. Ettore Bugatti was Italian but his company was based in Molsheim, Alsace, which was originally in Germany but later ceded to France.  

Bugari is the name of the company that makes the EVO accordion, although there is currently a European shoemaker named Bugatti who make shoes called "EVO".

I wasn't going to get involved in this one, as I know nothing at all about digital accordions, but no doubt somebody else would pick up on the typo. 

Unless we're talking about digital shoes the name is Bugari.  Wink

(08-02-2020, 07:39 PM)Tom Wrote: Thanks Alan!  Putting Bugatti in charge is a great move but the new Evo will probably cost about $14 million.....

Hi Tom,

You just beat me to it. Mind you shouldn't cost anything at all, as they went bust in 1963 (see my other post).
(08-02-2020, 07:39 PM)maugein96 Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 06:47 PM)Alan Sharkis Wrote: Well, folks, it’s all over some of the Facebook pages. Bugatti EVO rides again. This time, as I understand it, the company that Marco Cingalia formed when the EVO division closed has entered into an agreement with Bugatti to keep producing the original models, provide aftersale support for them, and introduce a smaller, lighter line that uses all Italian electronics later this year. In addition, Petosa, the sole US distributor of the EVO, has announced that they will continue to supply the EVOs.

Alan,

Bugatti was a famous French maker of high performance automobiles, between about 1909 and 1963, and never made accordions. Ettori Bugatti was Italian but his company was based in Molsheim, Alsace, which was originally in Germany but later ceded to France.  

Bugari is the name of the company that makes the EVO accordion, although there is currently a European shoemaker named Bugatti who make shoes called "EVO".

I wasn't going to get involved in this one, as I know nothing at all about digital accordions, but no doubt somebody else would pick up on the typo. 

(08-02-2020, 07:39 PM)Tom Wrote: Thanks Alan!  Putting Bugatti in charge is a great move but the new Evo will probably cost about $14 million.....

Hi Tom,

You just beat me to it. Mind you shouldn't cost anything at all, as they went bust in 1963 (see my other post).

I’m typing on my iPhone. Since my knee replacement surgery I can’t access my computer. I type “Bugari and it comes out “Bugatti.” So blame Apple, not me!

Thanks for posting here, I don’t really do Facebook for a number of reasons, but mostly (in this case) because I really don’t like the way group conversations work there. Smile
You the man Alan! Bugatti is still around, in France now, don't know if they are the same as ever, but I don't think I'll ever own one, we'll see about the new Evo. A smaller, lighter alternative to Roland could be interesting....
(08-02-2020, 07:56 PM)Alan Sharkis Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 07:39 PM)maugein96 Wrote:

Alan,

Bugatti was a famous French maker of high performance automobiles, between about 1909 and 1963, and never made accordions. Ettori Bugatti was Italian but his company was based in Molsheim, Alsace, which was originally in Germany but later ceded to France.  

Hi Tom,

I’m typing on my iPhone. Since my knee replacement surgery I can’t access my computer. I type “Bugari and it comes out “Bugatti.” So blame Apple, not me!

Alan,

I have a cousin in the US who works at Apple. I tried to contact her to complain on your behalf, but every time I type "apple" it comes out "orange"!

Modern technology is full of holes. Don't know if you have the "Alexa" facility on US Amazon. Our friends live a few streets away in a village called Rubery (pronounced "Rooberry"). When they ask Alexa what the weather is she replies, "The weather in Rubbery is light rain", or whatever. We live in the same area, less than a mile away, but Alexa says we live in the next district, which is called Rednal, so we never get rubbery weather.
On my iPhone it was easy to disconnect this autocorrect stuff. It was very easy, my son did it in less than 1 minute when I couln't figure out how to do it for hours.

ymmv
Carpe diem, C.
Maybe if they had the autocorrect on the Evo I would get one. Especially in those weird keys with all the flats and stuff.
(08-02-2020, 11:16 PM)Tom Wrote: Maybe if they had the autocorrect on the Evo I would get one.  Especially in those weird keys with all the flats and stuff.

Hi Tom,

The name Bugatti is still there as you say, but I believe the company is now owned by Volkswagen.

In Belgium a firm named Decap make these for people like myself who struggle with their playing. Never get a note wrong with one of these, although the €22,500 Euro price tag means it may as well be a Bugatti.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOyfikK3HqI

Don't worry, they make PA versions as well. 1000 tunes in the repertoire, and midi on the little touch screen if you want a different sound.

When you get really good you can play along with them on a normal instrument, as here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PkCLwfxd44

Actually that accordion Jan Burg is playing is fitted with Limex, so it is both acoustic and a V accordion.
Quite spooky, John  Smile
Never heard of such a thing  Huh
Thanks for the links!
(09-02-2020, 10:04 AM)Dingo40 Wrote: Quite spooky, John  Smile
Never heard of such a thing  Huh
Thanks for the links!

In Belgium and The Netherlands street barrel organs (draaiorgels) are/were very popular, and I believe the technology used to operate the self playing accordions was developed from that, as well as adding midi to them. There is an air tank in the base that is used to operate the buttons/keys and bellows, and there are quite a few of them around. 

They can be hired for events etc. If you go on You Tube and type in "akkordeon decap" you'll see lots more of them. Loads of old tunes that were popular in that part of Europe before the Beatles and other young upstarts rapidly accelerated their demise.  

I do believe that other makers have also produced them, but Decap are probably the best known.

Here is another variation on the theme:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmDuIoeljLA
More self-playing squeezeboxes:

- https://www.ziehorgel.de/produkte/harmonika?lang=en

- https://www.schneeberg-harmonika.de/selb...harmonika/

- http://www.frister-elektronik.de/selbst_e.htm

- https://www.harmonika-parz.at/de/harmoni...spielende/

- https://www.kaerntnerland.at/selbstspiel...onika.html
Carpe diem, C.
LOL... wow this thread is all over the place!

Those who watch the events since Evo was announced knew that the founders of the EVO were making plans to release a smaller version of their digital accordions via a relationship with an Asian company, this news is about 3 calendar years old, however, for them to have any market credibility, they are going to have to do a HELL of a lot more than say "we're back!".

Unless they proved that they were a stable, reliable, well run company more than a couple years old and wouldn't fold (again), leaving their customers high and dry (again), I would never consider this company as some place I would want to purchase from. A product is only as good as the company behind it, that's all I will say about that. Smile

My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
(08-02-2020, 09:14 PM)maugein96 Wrote: Modern technology is full of holes. Don't know if you have the "Alexa" facility on US Amazon. Our friends live a few streets away in a village called Rubery (pronounced "Rooberry"). When they ask Alexa what the weather is she replies, "The weather in Rubbery is light rain", or whatever. We live in the same area, less than a mile away, but Alexa says we live in the next district, which is called Rednal, so we never get rubbery weather.

Probably best to avoid asking about weather in Lickey.?
Elderly teenager still experimenting with music of all descriptions.  I may not please anyone else, but I’m long past caring about that.
(09-02-2020, 04:35 PM)Chrisrayner Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 09:14 PM)maugein96 Wrote: Modern technology is full of holes. Don't know if you have the "Alexa" facility on US Amazon. Our friends live a few streets away in a village called Rubery (pronounced "Rooberry"). When they ask Alexa what the weather is she replies, "The weather in Rubbery is light rain", or whatever. We live in the same area, less than a mile away, but Alexa says we live in the next district, which is called Rednal, so we never get rubbery weather.

Probably best to avoid asking about weather in Lickey.?

Chris,

Very true. Just come back from Longbridge and there was a foot of flood water at the bottom of Lickey Road. Nobody stuck (yet).

(09-02-2020, 03:00 PM)JerryPH Wrote: LOL... wow this thread is all over the place!

Those who watch the events since Evo was announced knew that the founders of the EVO were making plans to release a smaller version of their digital accordions via a relationship with an Asian company, this news is about 3 calendar  years old, however, for them to have any market credibility, they are going to have to do a HELL of a lot more than say "we're back!".

Unless they proved that they were a stable, reliable, well run company more than a couple years old and wouldn't fold (again), leaving their customers high and dry (again), I would never consider this company as some place I would want to purchase from.  A product is only as good as the company behind it, that's all I will say about that.  Smile

Sorry Jerry,

I've never been known to stay on the topic of any thread for long, although Decap do use somebody's (Limex?) V accordion technology to produce the sounds on their self playing accordions.
(09-02-2020, 03:00 PM)JerryPH Wrote: LOL... wow this thread is all over the place!

Those who watch the events since Evo was announced knew that the founders of the EVO were making plans to release a smaller version of their digital accordions via a relationship with an Asian company, this news is about 3 calendar  years old, however, for them to have any market credibility, they are going to have to do a HELL of a lot more than say "we're back!".

Unless they proved that they were a stable, reliable, well run company more than a couple years old and wouldn't fold (again), leaving their customers high and dry (again), I would never consider this company as some place I would want to purchase from.  A product is only as good as the company behind it, that's all I will say about that.  Smile

Hello Jerry, 

I was just passing the news on because I didn’t see anything about it here. I’m probably as sceptical as you. Petosa seems enthusiastic about the news, but given that Petosa sells the EVO why wouldn’t they be? 

All that teasing about my Apple-generated typos is something I probably deserve, but it did give this forum some comic relief. Thanks, guys! 

I also enjoyed all the talk and videos about self-playing accordions. I became a fan of mechanical music        some years ago. It sort of evolved from my fascination with carousels and their band organs.

Alan Sharkis
Since we've drifted this far afield I should also point out that Bagutti is also an orchestra that often features accordions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-U6P-ql6YJY
(09-02-2020, 08:06 PM)Tom Wrote: Since we've drifted this far afield I should also point out that Bagutti is also an orchestra that often features accordions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-U6P-ql6YJY

Tom,

You say Bagutti, we say Bugatti etc.