Storage?
I have an Ottavianelli Artist Super Jazz (4/5 41/120) with acrylic bellows, handmade reeds, and double tone chamber. I bought the accordion custom-made from Ottavianelli in 2012. Recently, I moved to Texas from Minnesota, and I had no room in my car to bring my accordion at that time. The last time I played the accordion was in August of 2019, and although it is painful to not be able to play my accordion right now, I will be able to play in a few more months, come May or June. My accordion is being stored in an upright position at all times in a climate-controlled environment (not too cold, not too hot). My question is: will my accordion be safe if it is not being played for so long? Will this amount of time unplayed (8-10 months) have a negative effect on the tuning of the instrument? I know accordions should be played every so often to play at their best and prevent damage and tuning problems. How long is too long to wait before these things start to happen? Have you heard of other instances where a new accordion was left in its case for a long time? 
Dear Cool...
To quote Dale Carnegie, stop worrying, start living! Smile
As your accordion is stored in a temperature controlled environment, it should be just fine  Smile
Forgot to mention that one of my accordions is a 70 year old Marinucci with reeds pinned on leather, and it hadn't been out of its case for over a year. It plays just fine, no problem at all. 

Two of my other accordions also have tone chambers, and everything was OK with them as well.

EDIT:- This post was meant to be an addition to a previous one to reassure you that things would be OK. Seems I deleted the post concerned in error. I still haven't been able to work out how this most recent version of the forum site works, and probably never will.

You'll be playing it again in no time, and it will be as good as new. I had 4 accordions that survived Scottish "climate controlled storage" (freezing and damp) and they were all OK.
(05-02-2020, 11:32 PM)cool98555 Wrote: and although it is painful to not be able to play my accordion right now,

that's the spirit!
If "upright position" means the playing position then it should be fine. If it means "on its feet" then it really depends on the type of valves the accordion has. With leather valves and metal booster springs it should be fine. With synthetic leather and plastic booster springs the outer valves of the L reeds and the inner valve of the M reeds, in cassotto, may start sagging over time (but if you would always store the accordion on its feet it won't be worse than had you been playing it).
As for the tuning not playing the accordion for a year will actually have less of an effect than playing it all the time. It's the frequent vibration while playing that causes reeds to go out of tune. Professionals who play a lot need to have their accordion tuned at least once a year, and they also experience reeds breaking, even when the accordion is still relatively new. Keen amateurs who play maybe one hour a day will experience detuning and breakage maybe after 10 years compared to 1 year for professionals who play 10 times as much.
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
http://www.de-bra.nl
What a relief! Thank you for the reassurance guys. When I said upright I meant it has been stored on its feet, yes. It does have leather valves and metal booster springs, so according to what you are saying I should be fine! This accordion is a pretty special one to me, so I just wanted to make sure. Thank you all!
Idea for a business: Accordion Sitting.
(06-02-2020, 05:12 PM)cool98555 Wrote: What a relief!  Thank you for the reassurance guys.  When I said upright I meant it has been stored on its feet, yes.  It does have leather valves and metal booster springs, so according to what you are saying I should be fine!  This accordion is a pretty special one to me, so I just wanted to make sure.  Thank you all!

Probably fine, but in the future if it is an instrument with cassotto or Winkelbaß then better store it in the playing orientation from now on.
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
http://www.de-bra.nl