Chasing Butterflies - Working on an original song
Music 
Hello Everyone,

I've been working on a tune for a while now. I just recorded a decent version of it. I'm also trying to add lyrics (with help from someone). Let me know what you think!

https://www.facebook.com/breezybellows/posts/753298028486642?notif_id=1578877352178046¬if_t=page_post_reaction

https://youtu.be/TSB_dIIXJVo
Keep Squeezing!
Cheers,
Joseph
Good effort, Joseph!
I can see it as background music to a film sequence. Smile
(13-01-2020, 11:43 PM)Dingo40 Wrote: Good effort, Joseph!
I can see it as background music to a film sequence. Smile

Thank you Dingo40!
Keep Squeezing!
Cheers,
Joseph
Lookin' good Breezy!
Breezy indeed... A la Tiersen...
Right or wrong make it strong...when in doubt miss it out...
Hi, technically you are very good but if you don't mind me saying that you could do with smiling if you want people keep watching till the end. Nothing wrong with showing your personality!?
Otherwise where is The point in having your face in video included?
The one thing that strikes me and I love is that most accordion players smile or show their joy in playing the accordion. Their expressions on their faces keeps changing.
Smile!??
(14-01-2020, 02:47 PM)Sunshinexxx Wrote: Hi, technically you are very good but if you don't mind me saying that you could do with smiling if you want people keep watching till the end. Nothing wrong with showing your personality!?
Otherwise where is The point in having your face in video included?
The one thing that strikes me and I love is that most accordion players smile or show their joy in playing the accordion. Their expressions on their faces keeps changing.
Smile!??

I've been told this a lot. But it didn't feel natural to smile when I'm sitting alone in front of a camera. One of my friends suggested I have some pictures of my wife and kids and smile at them when I play. But I haven't tried it yet. Thanks for the feedback.

(14-01-2020, 08:56 AM)losthobos Wrote: Breezy indeed... A la Tiersen...

'A la Tiersen' would make a good name for a song.
Keep Squeezing!
Cheers,
Joseph
Radek,

"I've been told this a lot. But it didn't feel natural to smile when I'm sitting alone in front of a camera. "

What could be helpful, is to sit in front of a large mirror, whilst playing, and practice your facial expression and general deportment while playing. You could even do that in front of the camera by having the mirror behinds the camera  Smile
Do it in small incremental stages. Nothing outre to begin with  Smile

To see just how far one can go, check out Tostão Mineiro on YouTube  Smile
"I've been told this a lot. But it didn't feel natural to smile when I'm sitting alone in front of a camera. "

I don't always smile, in fact, most often I am concentrating so much on the music that I forget, however, we have to understand that people are looking at us, even though we do not see them, and it can change the entire video's feel if we share some kind of emotion.

This is something that is also very hard for me too, as when I play, normally, I am very stone faced, but I am working on it in every video. However, it doesn't always have to be smiling, it just has to be emotion... so sad looks for sad songs (just a little) or some form of communication shared visually via the face while playing.

Ok, I really should try to do some more research on this for myself! Smile Smile

My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
That's a very engaging tune which conjures up lots of pictures and thoughts.
You took a lot of trouble with the video - even a goodbye with invite to more.
A wonderful looking instrument.
Perhaps you could explore leaving off the LH for some of the time and a register change or two?
As to the expression - you mostly just look thoughtful and absorbed to me - but I'm no great fan of performersmiles.
They can often look forced and a bit crazed.
More please!
Richard
nice tunes!
(16-01-2020, 04:26 PM)dunlustin Wrote: That's a very engaging tune which conjures up lots of pictures and thoughts.
You took a lot of trouble with the video - even a goodbye with invite to more.
A wonderful looking instrument.
Perhaps you could explore leaving off the LH for some of the time and a register change or two?
As to the expression - you mostly just look  thoughtful and absorbed to me - but I'm no great fan of performersmiles.
More please!

Thank you very much! I'm working with a friend to add lyrics to this. leaving off the left hand sounds like a good idea. 
Reg performersmiles, I enjoy it when I watch some one express their happiness while playing. But when I play, I don't naturally smile so I get very conscious when I think about smiling. 

I am definitely planning to work on more tunes. Thank you very much for listening!

(16-01-2020, 02:33 PM)JerryPH Wrote: "I've been told this a lot. But it didn't feel natural to smile when I'm sitting alone in front of a camera. "

I don't always smile, in fact, most often I am concentrating so much on the music that I forget, however, we have to understand that people are looking at us, even though we do not see them, and it can change the entire video's feel if we share some kind of emotion.

This is something that is also very hard for me too, as when I play, normally, I am very stone faced, but I am working on it in every video.  However, it doesn't always have to be smiling, it just has to be emotion... so sad looks for sad songs (just a little) or some form of communication shared visually via the face while playing.

Ok, I really should try to do some more research on this for myself!  Smile Smile

I can actually do a pretty good sad face :Smile

Just like you, I think I am concentrating on playing a lot that I'm not able to think about my expressions. I used to have a stiff body when I play. I've worked on it a bit to loosen up. Smiling will need a lot more effort.

(14-01-2020, 12:19 AM)Tom Wrote: Lookin' good Breezy!

Thank you Tom!

(16-01-2020, 04:51 PM)jozz Wrote: nice tunes!

Thank you jozz!
Keep Squeezing!
Cheers,
Joseph
don't worry, I never smile.

people still clap Cool

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looking good Jozz! Good luck with working on your expression and lyrics Joseph. I too am working on singing, and more audience interaction. Just when you have the tunes down,, there's always more!
Very nice, breezy. I enjoyed that.

(16-01-2020, 04:26 PM)dunlustin Wrote: As to the expression - you mostly just look  thoughtful and absorbed to me - but I'm no great fan of performersmiles.

Same here. I'd much rather see stony faced, concentrating or thoughtful expression, than any face that's "consciously worn". I really hate seeing performers putting on an expression for the sake of the performance, and I've turned off videos and walked out of live performances because of annoyingly incongruent smiles and "guitar face".

If what you are genuinely feeling in the moment is shown on your face, that's great. If you're keeping you're feelings internal, that's fine too. But please don't wear an expression because you think you should. It just looks fake.
Nice tune, Joseph! Thanks.
Hey, smile when you want to. That’s not a particularly “smiley” tune, is it. I’d rather see a real smile than something that’s pasted on no matter what. Keep on keeping on!
Bugari “Blue 72”, Tiger Combo ‘Cordeon, Iorio Concert Accorgan G Series (electronics removed), Hohner 1974 Melodica (Piano 36)