Tom Alexander
Just heard on the lunchtime news that Tom has passed away at the age of 85.
A book could be written about him and his contribution to Scottish music.

When I last saw him at Turriff accordion and fiddle club, he strapped on his Gola in the changing room at the back of the hall and marched up onto the stage playing 'Scotland the brave'. Not bad for a man in his late 70s

A Scottish champion on accordion but he gained international appeal when he and his brother Jack broke into the pop charts singing 'Nobody's Child'

RIP Tom

Garth
(10-01-2020, 03:03 PM)artelagro Wrote: Just heard on the lunchtime news that Tom has passed away at the age of 85.
A book could be written about him and his contribution to Scottish music.

When I last saw him at Turriff accordion and fiddle club, he strapped on his Gola in the changing room at the back of the hall and marched up onto the stage playing 'Scotland the brave'. Not bad for a man in his late 70s

A Scottish champion on accordion but he gained international appeal when he and his brother Jack broke into the pop charts singing 'Nobody's Child'

RIP Tom

Garth

Hi Garth,

Sorry to hear that. I remember you telling us he wasn't in the best of fettle a year or two back. 

He was at his best as a player when he played solo, and his repertoire was quite extensive when he wasn't in the shadow of Jack. 

Hope you are still in reasonable health.

RIP Tom,

Cheers,

John Walker
Sorry to hear it, RIP.
Alexander Brothers Live:

https://youtu.be/IXNLPQZVXRU
Bugari “Blue 72”, Tiger Combo ‘Cordeon, Iorio Concert Accorgan G Series (electronics removed), Hohner 1974 Melodica (Piano 36)
Hi John W. Thanks for your concern. I'm still pechin awa, but no boxes now. Hope you are all well.
Ca canny
Garth