Happy Thanksgiving! What are you working on?
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, whether or not you are in the USA!!!

What are you working on now?  I am still learning Christmas songs for events in December.   (I'm slow)
current projects:
- acoustic duo shows in December (also with Christmas songs)
- flogging molly tribute show with video and audio registration for promo towards next summer season
- prepping my "new" beater Parrot 80 for christmas busking
Hi Tom,

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving. I am currently working on getting rid of a heavy and persistent cold.

Assuming that we are both fit to attend, we have two Xmas parties next week. They are pensioners events, so not really life in the fast lane. My fellow party goers will expect me to uphold the tradition of playing non-religious Christmassy Tunes.

Kind Best Wishes,

Stephen.
Thanks guys! Good luck with your projects Jozz. Hope you're feeling well soon Stephen. Hmm, non religious Christmas songs.... Kind of takes the fun out of it, no old favorites like Silent Night or We Three Kings. I suppose there's always Jingle Bells and Rudolf though.
Well I did this... https://www.instagram.com/p/B5ayDMNhkHP/
(29-11-2019, 11:56 AM)Stephen Hawkins Wrote: Hi Tom,

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving.  I am currently working on getting rid of a heavy and persistent cold.

Assuming that we are both fit to attend, we have two Xmas parties next week.  They are pensioners events, so not really life in the fast lane.  My fellow party goers will expect me to uphold the tradition of playing non-religious Christmassy Tunes.

Kind Best Wishes,

Stephen.

Hi Stephen,
Nice to see you posting again. Haven't heard from you for a while. Hope you're soon well again.
Phil
goid show Jeff!
Lookin good Jeff!
A belated Happy (US) Thanksgiving!
I'm still working on trying to find time to play!!   Confused  Tongue

My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
Hello Phil,

Brenda has had four strokes in the last few months, and has spent some time in hospital. My time has been spent nursing her back to health. Luckily for me, I don't have to wear a Nurse's Outfit to fulfil this role.

I'm afraid that I cannot dedicate as much time as I would like to the forum, but will visit when circumstances allow. This situation is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.
Best of luck to you Stephen.
Prayers for you and your wife, Stephen.

My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
Currently working hard on learning to play the c-griff CBA. Latest pieces English Country Garden, Merry Widow Waltz, and La Donne é Mobile, from book 2 of Palmer Hughes.
Elderly teenager still experimenting with music of all descriptions.  I may not please anyone else, but I’m long past caring about that.
(01-12-2019, 07:22 PM)Chrisrayner Wrote: Currently working hard on learning to play the c-griff CBA.  Latest pieces English Country Garden, Merry Widow Waltz, and La Donne é Mobile, from book 2 of Palmer Hughes.

Not that anyone asked, but, a small memory/learning trick for La Donna e Mobile:  In the "B" section, the first note of the melody in each measure matches the chord for the first five measures.

That is, it starts with a G note over a G7 chord, then the next measure starts with a C note on a C major chord, etc. This continues until you get to the F chord, which breaks the pattern.
Hello Tom & Jerry, (I've always wanted to say that, so I can't waste this opportunity)

Thank you both for your very kind sentiments. It is reassuring to know that others care enough to express their kind and genuine good wishes.

Best Wishes To You Both,

Stephen.
Thanks Stephen! I've seen that piece many times, Jeff, but but never really tried it, thanks for the tip! Too many songs, too little time. It's December, time to play the Christmas songs. Unfortunately my duet partner is under the weather, so none planned for a couple weeks....
and here we see the birth of my christmas busking rig...

Great!