Looking for someone to do repairs
Live in Central Virginia USA.   Looking for reputable person that can do repair work on accordions.   I have tried one person and he was not successful in fixing the issues.   Any recommendations?
Mike Klemen
Richmond, VA USA
Hi Mike,
Not real familiar with the USA, but how’s this?

https://accordionsrule.com/repairs-supplies/

BTW, what’s wrong with your accordion, and what make/ kind is it?
Hey Mike,
George Bachich  seems to know every repair person in the known world, as does JimD on this forum.
Check out George’s site on this link. Give him a call  and PM JimD on the forum.
http://www.accordionrevival.com/Home.php
Bugari “Blue 72”, Tiger Combo ‘Cordeon, Iorio Concert Accorgan G Series (electronics removed), Hohner 1974 Melodica (Piano 36)
(16-11-2019, 02:27 AM)Mike K Wrote: Live in Central Virginia USA.   Looking for reputable person that can do repair work on accordions.   I have tried one person and he was not successful in fixing the issues.   Any recommendations?

I am not sure if he's still doing work, but I would recommend Tony Grieco without reservation. His user name on this board is "tonyg". Send him a PM or an e-mail. (I've had recent problems with PM and e-mail, so good luck with that). If he is unable to do the work himself, he would be able to recommend someone else.
I want to play the accordion badly – and I do.
(16-11-2019, 06:16 AM)Dingo40 Wrote: Hi Mike,

Giulietti model N47, if I remember correctly, free bass converter type.   Several notes are out of whack in one direction.   Not a major issue but sure can destroy the sound.   I had it in to get fixed but still have the same problems.   Spent a couple hundred on the repairs.

(16-11-2019, 07:47 PM)fphlpsnrg Wrote:
(16-11-2019, 02:27 AM)Mike K Wrote: Live in Central Virginia USA.   Looking for reputable person that can do repair work on accordions.   I have tried one person and he was not successful in fixing the issues.   Any recommendations?

I am not sure if he's still doing work, but I would recommend Tony Grieco without reservation. His user name on this board is "tonyg". Send him a PM or an e-mail. (I've had recent problems with PM and e-mail, so good luck with that). If he is unable to do the work himself, he would be able to recommend someone else.
Looked him up and he is in Albany NY......probably 8 hours away or so.   Trying for closer than that.
Mike Klemen
Richmond, VA USA
Mike,
Thanks for the info on your accordion.
Incidentally, Jim Rice of Accordions Rule ( the link I gave you) is in Williamsburg, only 50 minutes from you by motor car. Smile
If you do end up making a road trip/vacation out of it I would totally see JimD from these boards in Massachusetts. I did a couple years ago and he was awesome. Great way to spend an afternoon. I learned a lot, he knows about everything, and willing to share his knowledge. He did a great job. I can't recommend him enough.

How far are you from the Philadelphia area?
Petosa AM-1100 LMMH, Borsini “Lars Ek Nostalgic” LMMM, "Nunziola" LMMH
(18-11-2019, 01:52 AM)Mike K Wrote:
(16-11-2019, 06:16 AM)Dingo40 Wrote: Hi Mike,

Giulietti model N47, if I remember correctly, free bass converter type.   Several notes are out of whack in one direction.   Not a major issue but sure can destroy the sound.   I had it in to get fixed but still have the same problems.   Spent a couple hundred on the repairs.

(16-11-2019, 07:47 PM)fphlpsnrg Wrote:

Looked him up and he is in Albany NY......probably 8 hours away or so.   Trying for closer than that.

The U.S. is definitely not like Europe as far as the accordion is concerned. Tony has worked on my instrument. He also acquired Julio Giuleitti's parts inventory upon his death in 1996. FedEx (company store, not franchise) seems to be the best way to ship an instrument. When you do find a technician, please post that info here.
I want to play the accordion badly – and I do.
I am very fortunate in that I have a well known and very good accordion repairer in my town (and for the next 2 weeks my Hohner is with her getting a complete retune from top to bottom and anything that requires attention, even the small things, is being addressed), however, if I needed to drive 8 hours for good service, I would not hesitate (been there and done that too!).

Good accordion repair people are very rare nowadays.

My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
Hi Mike:
You might call Al DiMarco _ a member here and fine repairman
910 769 2485
I've been mentoring him for 10 years now and he's next to you in NC.
Owner & Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA USA
There is a place in Decatur Georgia that has opened up http://www.accordionology.com. I have talked to him quite a bit over the last few months.
Smythe's Accordion Center, since 1997
Oakland ,California
(21-11-2019, 11:57 AM)JIM D. Wrote: Hi Mike:
910 769 2485
 He is moving to New Orleans.

910 769 2485

910 769 2485
Mike Klemen
Richmond, VA USA