Wireless midi
Does Anyone uses a wireless midi for their accordion? If yes what do you use and how do you like it
If you look under   wireless midi for acoustic …..I replied to a similar question in September of this year regarding my own set up ……………..  remember you need to have the musictech midi system installed in the accordion !!! fortunately before I purchased the Piermaria accordion it was confirmed by the company that indeed a musictech system was installed during the manufacture of the accordion ………..    good luck !!……………...Giovanni
Hi Giovanni i don't have a music tech but a roland v accordion,
Midi is midi so if work for you should work for me no?? Or I'm wrong?

(05-11-2019, 12:25 AM)tony2000 Wrote: Hi Giovanni i don't have a music tech but a roland v accordion,
I'm interested in getting wireless midi out of my Roland (fr1xb).

Currently in the "pondering how this would work" stage. I'd like to try this Yamaha UD-BT01 thing, but it requires a power plug. (Which is a bit off-putting for a wireless solution. Huh )
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_...index.html

So I'm wondering if it would work with a portable usb battery-charger power-supply? I don't think the Yamaha takes much power.

Before I bought the UD-BT01 (or messed around with its power options), I'd want to try it plugged in to see if the latency kills it. I've heard the bellows-control is hard for a lot of midi systems to handle, and assume adding wireless would only make that bottleneck worse.
Bruce Triggs
Accordion Noir Radio
Vancouver, BC, Canada

author of:

Accordion Revolution: a People's History of the Accordion in North America from the Industrial Revolution to Rock and Roll (2019)
AccordionRevolution.com
I want to do the same thing, i have a korg pa 1000 has a backing style player that im controlling bia midi therefore i am unable to stroll around the guests tables while playing on the gigs, there have to be some sort of solution ....
(05-11-2019, 12:25 AM)tony2000 Wrote: Hi Giovanni i don't have a music tech but a roland v accordion,

Hi tony2000 ………….I did not realize that you were talking about using Roland V accordion ……..I honestly don't think the music tech system will work ….....you could always contact musictech in Italy and ask ??………..Why don't you contact Roland and ask them, the people I knew who worked on the accordion digital side have all left the company ………...best of luck let us know how you get on !!! in your quest ...............Giovanni
(05-11-2019, 03:20 PM)tony2000 Wrote: I want to do the same thing, i have a korg pa 1000 has a backing style player that im controlling bia midi therefore i am unable to stroll around the guests tables while playing on the gigs, there  have to be some sort of solution ....

Here is a pro level solution to wireless MIDI

Panda MIDI:  http://www.pandamidi.com

My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
The UD-BT01 works with any USB battery pack as long as the USB battery doesn't shut off automatically when it "thinks" there is no device connected to it due to a very low current draw, and the UD-BT01 takes very little juice.
Range and reliability is limited with Bluetooth. It was designed to be a technology for short distance, low demand setup, not something where you want to transmit the equivalent of left hand, right hand, velocity keys and bellows data going to and from... I doubt the Yamaha system could handle it, and if it could... we are looking at maybe 20 feet of strolling area. I don't think this is what the OP is looking for. Smile

My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com