Greetings from the Bay Area
Hello all, I am a new serious student of the accordion. I have been playing various strings, percussion, woodwinds and brass for most of my life. About eight years ago I was able to borrow a friend's old Scandalli. It had a smaller keyboard and some sticky basses but I had an absolute blast for a couple of weeks. I borrowed it once more and knew I had to eventually find one of my own.

Fast forward to last week, my 40th birthday! I found a nice vintage instrument at a good price and I couldn't be happier. I'm acclimating myself to the new box fairly quickly. It's a full-size Petosa from 1960. 43 keys, 20.125", 120 bass. It also has interchangeable reeds so you can go between dry LMH and wet MMM. I tried the musette for a whole day but went right back to LMH and it sounds glorious. I'm pretty solid on both hands independently but I'm now working hard on bringing the two together. My main focus right now is jazz, choro, and forro.

I'm very much looking forward to learning and sharing with you all!

[Image: IMG_1947.jpg]
Welcome Brad!
Welcome, Brad. Your Petosa is a beauty!
Be sure and get down to Smythe Accordions in Oakland and say hello to Kimric if you haven’t already.
Bugari “Blue 72”, Tiger Combo ‘Cordeon, Iorio Concert Accorgan G Series (electronics removed)
Welcome Brad!

You have a beautiful instrument. I wish You all the best and good luck in playing accordion!

Best regards,  Vladimír
Thank you gentlemen!

Eddy I absolutely have! It's actually very close to where I live. I was just down there the other day asking too many questions about button accordions. What a blast that place is. My friend, an absolute neophyte, was reeling afterwards. They had a few vintage pieces and a few new Weltmeisters that caught my eye but I happened upon this beauty from Petosa and couldn't resist.
Welcome Brad. That instrument is just right for jazz: people often use just the L register in jazz (as it typically has the most mellow sound) and then having a keyboard that goes up higher than the standard 41 keys is useful. Some jazz accordions even have the range G to high C instead of your F to high B.
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
http://www.de-bra.nl
That looks nice!   What model is this?   The grill and bass register switches look different from others  I’ve seen.  
Again,  welcome!
(15-08-2019, 06:25 PM)nagant27 Wrote: That looks nice!   What model is this?   The grill and bass register switches look different from others  I’ve seen.  
Again,  welcome!

Hello and thank you! This is an AM-900.
1960 Petosa AM-900 HM 43-120 3/4 8+M, 7
LMH-MMM interchangeable
Welcome again Brad! I'm interested in your forró playing, Luiz Gonzaga, universitade, pé de serra????? Do you play with a band? Thanks and good luck!