Don't Forget.
Once upon a time, when mental hospitals were still known as asylums, an Inspector from the local health authority visited such a facility in order to produce an annual report.  He toured the facility very thoroughly, and was just about to leave when he came across a beautiful walled garden.

On entering the garden, the Inspector noticed a middle-aged man diligently tending to the flower beds.  The Inspector asked the man if he was responsible for the lovely garden.  "Yes Sir, I have been tending this garden for forty years, and I'm very proud of it."  "I had a few mental health issues back then, but I'm absolutely fine now."

"You seem to be a very pleasant and well adjusted man," said the Inspector, "What would you do if I were to get you released from here?"   "Thank you for your kind consideration" came the reply.  "I would get a council house and make the garden the prettiest in the district."  "Then I would help any elderly neighbours who could no longer manage their gardens to make them as nice as mine."

"Right" said the Inspector "When I get back to my office in the morning, I will begin the process of getting you released."  The two men shook hands, and the Inspector, who was very pleased with himself, turned and walked away.  He had taken five or six steps when he was hit on the back of the head by a flying brick.  In agony, he turned to face his assailant.  "You won't forget will you, Sir?"
I'm afraid that would be my reminder, too, knowing what I know about bureaucracy.
Bugari “Blue 72”, Tiger Combo ‘Cordeon, Iorio Concert Accorgan G Series (electronics removed), Hohner 1974 Melodica (Piano 36)
Hi Eddy,

I spent most of my professional career trying to find ways around bureaucracy. (with some success)

Kind Regards,

Stephen.
what i find most disturbing is an inspector releasing a man after a 20 second talk, without consulting anybody

good thing he threw the brick
If you want to see real bureaucracy, try living in France ....  head and brick walls come to mind.
Morning Stephen....don't suppose the article in last mondays Express prompted you to post this gag....had a whole page spread as gardening now being prescribed by some GPs in some areas for depression......small coincidence...small world...didn't say if builders were exempt...
Right or wrong make it strong...when in doubt miss it out...
Hi Jozz,

I try my best not to analyse jokes, believing that it is better to suspend disbelief for the sake of humour. But you are right; the brick did become an essential part of the diagnosis.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Hi Sally,

I have toured France extensively, sometimes taking two holidays a year there. The French do seem to have a different mind-set to us Anglo-Saxon types, though I have no real complaints about the various cultures I encountered on my journeys.

Big Hugs,

Stephen.

Hello Terry,

No, I didn't see the Express article. It is just one of those coincidences.

I have no knowledge about the health benefits of gardening, though I am prepared to accept that it could bring positive outcomes in some cases of depression.

My skills as a gardener are probably slightly worse than my skills with an accordion, but that is only in my own judgement. Given the choice of playing an accordion or gardening, I would choose the accordion every time.

The joke was not autobiographical, and I have never throw a brick at an Asylum Inspector's head. (to date)

Kind Regards,

Stephen.