Roland FBC-7 foot pedal wanted
I am interested in purchasing a Roland FBC-7 foot pedal to charge the battery in my Roland FR-7. I am also interested in the cable to connect to the accordion. I live in the US.
Get in touch with forum member JimD, he's the local V-Accordion guru, he would be the best place to start at. Wink

My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
They are rough to get now. eBay has one every now and then and at exorbitant prices.

A good footswitch alternative is the Korg EC-5. It's $75. You need a modified MIDI cable to connect it to the BK-7M. Roxy's Music sells the cable for $40 if you need it so it would be $115 for a nice new five-position footswitch and cable. The FB-7 will run at least $300 used.

Of course it won't charge your FR-7 which would mean the FB is your only option now.
Current Accordions:

2003 Excelsior 960 Custom Magnante 5/5 - Hand Made Reeds
Excelsior 930 Van Damme Jazz Accordion - Hand Made Reeds
Roland FR-8X Digital Accordion - No Reeds
Thomas, I am not intimately familiar with the 7X but I think the cabling on a 7X is quite a lot different from an 8X. On the 7X footpedal serves multiple functions like battery charger, MIDI cable and volume controller. The EC-5 cable is just an 8-pin input connector (not even the same as the MIDI cable) for connecting and controlling the functionality of the BK-7's pedals (for rhythm start/stop/4 different musical patterns, Next functionality).

One of the reasons I did not like the EC5 is that the pedals can serve 7 functions (8 if you include the expression or "Next" functioanlity) and the EC-5 limits you to choosing 5 of those 8.

I do not think this is what the OP is looking for. I wonder if they contacted JimD yet?

My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
Thank you Gerry!

OP - Please listen to Gerry and not me! For some reason I was thinking you were looking at connecting it to the BK-7M arranger from Roland - most likely because I am looking at doing that now. I researched the FB-7 and it was a nightmare to get one. I looked at the $500 Roland replacement and it is HUGE and cumbersome and I don't need all the pedals. I looked at the Behringer FB1010 as it is cheap but it was still huge and required MIDI programming rather than simple switch assignments.

I like the EC-5 from Korg because I only need five switches. I set the Intro from the unit and have it sync start on the bass. I only need three variations and an ending. That's it. For $75 and $5 to solder the cable it will work great for me.

I also never had an FR-7 and recall something about charging it from the FB-7. That's definitely what you need. Good luck and I hope you find one. Sorry for muddying up the water!
Current Accordions:

2003 Excelsior 960 Custom Magnante 5/5 - Hand Made Reeds
Excelsior 930 Van Damme Jazz Accordion - Hand Made Reeds
Roland FR-8X Digital Accordion - No Reeds
Thank you gentlemen. I was indeed looking for the pedal as a charging option for my battery. I did purchase an absolutely wonderful AC power adapter with MIDI out from JimD. I couldn't be happier with the solution. As far as the charger goes, I found an inexpensive purpose -built trickle battery charger from a supplier in China that does a great job charging the old battery I have. Unfortunately, the battery seems to be able to hold a charge for only about three hours, so I will have to eventually buy another if I want to continue with a cordless option. I love my FR7 and will probably do that soon. If I could find the FBC-7 pedal for the right price, I would still like to see how the register changes function with those foot pedals.They are hard to find, since most are paired up with a functional FR-7 or FR-7X.