Wanted 96/80 bass accordion
Wanted good quality italian accordion , 9 kg, full size keys , 37/96 or 37,80

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Colinm, vignoni 37/96 double cassotto,
Hi Colin I have a Classique single cassoto 37/96 piano accordion black Italian. Strong mussette feeds and full midi. £2400
Thanks for your offer, but i suspect it is too heavy, and out of my price range.
Cm
Your signature shows that you have a Vignoni 37/96 double cassotto. That is a good quality italian accordion but it is definitely more than 9 kg.
Your problem is that you probably want the same quality but lighter. That is a tall order! There may be lighter instruments around but you should be aware of two things:
1) a lighter instrument may be lighter by using thinner wood and more aluminium instead of steel, making the instrument more fragile in general and
2) if you go by the weight specified by a manufacturer you should keep in mind that they typically underrate the weight of their instruments by about 1 kg because they know every customer wants a lighter instrument.
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
http://www.de-bra.nl
Correct, on all three points.
I am surprised that all the non cassotto accordions i have tried have so little volume unless you really hammer the bellows.
I think i am looking for something which does not exist
A non-cassotto instrument can have plenty of volume. A typical non-cassotto accordion is a cheaper model with not so good reeds. I have an old (41/120) Crucianelli here which is LMMM and it has Bugari TAM reeds and *plenty* of volume.
However, even with good reeds and enough volume you cannot replicate the cassotto sound without using a cassotto.
The accordion you already have appears to be what you want, except for the weight...
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
http://www.de-bra.nl
Your final point is correct, i just thought if i spent say £1000 , i could find a 72 bass, 3/4 voice with some volume, but have not managed it so far.