A hello from Fphlpsnrg
Still learning since 1955. Absolute rank amateur. This is a case of an old dog learning old tricks. Absolute dearth of competent teachers and instructors in USA. Didn't learn about chromatic button accordions (C-Griff Bayan) until 1984. Looking for insights on material, methods, approaches, techniques. Have recently completed an English language version of Elsbeth Moser's "Das Knopfakkordeon C-Griff" only took me 10 years to complete.
I want to play the accordion badly – and I do.
Hi there,
Great to have you on board and great to have another CBA player around!
Hope you'll enjoy the forum.

Struggling to pronounce your handle but hey! Big Grin
Cheers
Tom
Hello There,

I'm glad it isn't just me who advances slowly.

My only advice is to have as much fun as possible.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.
So you play a Bayan? So you want to play European music?
Bayan can do anything! Any Russian will say so! (Maybe. Wink )

Are you playing an actual strict definition bayan Fphlpsnrg or an Italian/French type chromatic button accordion?
We love to hear about instruments here! Big Grin

Sorry to go on about pronunciation - would "Filpsnurg" be appropriate?
Cheers
Tom
<QUOTE author="TomBR" post_id="56908" time="1523126168" user_id="323"><s>
TomBR post_id=56908 time=1523126168 user_id=323 Wrote:Sorry to go on about pronunciation - would "Filpsnurg" be appropriate?
As a rule of thumb, Welsh names are pronounced entirely different than written. Could be "Carl" for all I know. Though it may not be Welsh at all.
<QUOTE author="Geronimo" post_id="56909" time="1523126994" user_id="2623"><s>
Geronimo post_id=56909 time=1523126994 user_id=2623 Wrote:<QUOTE author="TomBR" post_id="56908" time="1523126168" user_id="323"><s>
TomBR post_id=56908 time=1523126168 user_id=323 Wrote:Sorry to go on about pronunciation - would "Filpsnurg" be appropriate?
As a rule of thumb, Welsh names are pronounced entirely different than written. Could be "Carl" for all I know. Though it may not be Welsh at all.
Don't think it's Welsh!

You get things like "cá bhfuil" in Irish, pronounced roughly "car will" as I understand it the bh gives the w sound and the f is a relic of previous spelling, or something like that! (Not that I speak Irish, apart from the few words my wife's family slip in here and there.)

I'm sure Fphlpsnrg will tell us soon!
I've been pronouncing it "<URL url="http://www.phillipsoilandgas.com"><s>Phillips Energy</URL>".
All of the posts are old and faded. "fphlpsnrg" is only a simple-minded collapse of my full name in Latin format, omitting vowels and repeated consonants. I am pleased that my Welsh and Celtic cousins sensed some connection with my name. I have no relationship to "Phillips Oil and Gas".
I want to play the accordion badly – and I do.
Have you tried Skype lessons? There are many teachers online.